help laptop isnt working

I used my laptop all morning and it worked just fine then 4 hours later i get on it and it freezes. I restart it and it says "disk read error". Im guessing its a connection or the harddrive but is there anything i can do before taking it in to repair? its a toshiba satalite A205 i believe.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Yeah i have disks and it gets past the first loading screen thats preloaded from toshiba then goes blank and says the message.

Edit: Now it says cannot locate harddrive...

Edited by dccavalier

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Those LT's suck...my friends sister has one and I had to reinstall Vista from her recovery disk last week

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Do some troubleshooting before you jump into buying a new one. If you have a spare laptop pop the hdd into that one and see if it boots, if it does then the hdd is fine and it is something with your laptop. If the hdd passes check your memory.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers