Sonic Electronix

tiller bro... I'm saying this in the nicest way possible

shut up

read around on here and learn a thing or 2

hell I'll even give you a demo and show you an 18 can play above 50hz you won't be able to see straight

just quit runnin your mouth on something you don't know

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Seems your friend has already made your decision for you.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Dude why would you want mids to come out of a sub....subs are ment for low frequency really. if you want midbass get some more midbass drivers last i remember 10s and 12s are ALSO subwoofers not mid bass reproducers.Sure i know we use 10s for some mid bass but i still remember them being subs.

edit...waht i think hes saying is songs that are at a really high frequency like techno shit or something...if thats waht you want tune the box higher to 70 hz just know now you cant play any lows like 20 hz hehehe.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

you people are annoying seriously!!!

half of you are talking about something elase completly!

question is do you know what you are talking about?

seems like you are just runnin your mouth trying to contradict anything anyone says because you can't accept the fact that your wrong?

LOTS of vets on here that know way more than you and me combined and you are back talking them like you've been in the game longer?

:rolleyes:

I sense a vacation coming on...?

Dude why would you want mids to come out of a sub....subs are ment for low frequency really. if you want midbass get some more midbass drivers last i remember 10s and 12s are ALSO subwoofers not mid bass reproducers.Sure i know we use 10s for some mid bass but i still remember them being subs.

thats what im saying if you have your 18 tuned how it should be there should be noo mids at all!

10's and 12's can hit all those and still sound good but you loose ALLLLL your power in your lows!

play "old school cars" on and 18 and then play it on a !!few!! 10's or 12's it wound sound good at all youd be lucky if you even heard the beat!!

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

any sized sub has the potential to play the 20-80 hz range very clearly and smoothly with plenty of force.

It really depends on the enclosure and tuning of the setup.

If the OP is asking if the 18s will play in the higher range of that 20-80 hz as well as his 12s.

Then the answer is it is certainly a good possibility as long as your box is designed well.

If the question is that are the 18s going to overpower your mid range drivers up front,

The answer is no more than your 12s. Just being a different size doesnt change that.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

any sized sub has the potential to play the 20-80 hz range very clearly and smoothly with plenty of force.

It really depends on the enclosure and tuning of the setup.

If the OP is asking if the 18s will play in the higher range of that 20-80 hz as well as his 12s.

Then the answer is it is certainly a good possibility as long as your box is designed well.

If the question is that are the 18s going to overpower your mid range drivers up front,

The answer is no more than your 12s. Just being a different size doesnt change that.

well put :clapping:

all the songs you play are all lows!! my woofer hits all those songs cuz they all just slump.

you dont play mids that sound good on 10's and 12's!

Really? So let's say you have a 10 or a 12 tuned to 32hz, and the amp setup only letting the 10/12 see 25-45/50hz. What are you going to do for the higher bass frequencies? Obviously add a midbass to even the bass out. You really need to stop throwing out false information when it is pretty obvious you do not have a clue on what you are talking about. Just go search around on this site, and you WILL find TONS of helpful information to make you more knowledgeable about car audio.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

thats what im saying if you have your 18 tuned to a LOW FREQUENCY how it should be there should be noo mids at all!

10's and 12's can hit all those and still sound good but you loose ALLLLL your power in your lows!

play "old school cars" on and 18 and then play it on a !!few!! 10's or 12's it wound sound good at all youd be lucky if you even heard the beat!!

I Think i fixed what hes trying to say lol

and they give vacations for bad info nowadays :mellow: :01nocomment8so:

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived