Sonic Electronix

My buddy is convinced that i will lose all of my midbass if i switch from 2 12's to 2 18's. I know there is some truth to this but do i need to be worrying about adding more midbass? I know a ton of you guys run 18's and i was wondering what your results were........btw the box will be tuned to 33hz and my current box is 36-37ish

noo you lose all of it! the woofer kind of just makes a funny noise.

thats why when you see people on you tube they use the same songs over and all the songs never have mid or high bass

18's are strictly for lows

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

thats why when you see people on you tube they use the same songs over and all the songs never have mid or high bass

WTF? we use the same songs because we know its going to slam. you think he is running his 12's now from 80hz-300hz? um no! the 18's are going to bang lower with more force. but his 12's where doing the same freq range.

NEUMAN

thats not true for all 18's. my rl-p 18 plays pretty much everything from 15hz to 80hz pretty damn good with no funny noises.

reaally?? that why ive never heard anybody with 18's play something oveer 50 hertz!

there too big and they get in there own way!

Cone size dictates nothing about how fast a driver will respond...

Some local idiot with a 10w7 told me 15s couldn't play double bass fast....he got out with a whole new outlook on what double bass is....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

reaally?? that why ive never heard anybody with 18's play something oveer 50 hertz!

there too big and they get in there own way!

:blink: are we being serious? It depends how the box is tuned. Go look at a fart box strictly for a one note wonder, you'll see 15/18s playing 50hz+. 10s will get JUST as low as an 18. The 18 will just have more force behind it like said before.

EDIT: And just because they are big, does NOT mean they will respond to the bass slower or "sluggish"....

Double Edit: To OP, you will probably definitely notice a difference in your midbass after you upgrade to 2 18s. You can most likely upgrade to better quality midbasses that can handle more power, and then throw more power than you currently are with them. (In no way am I saying the midbass you are using right now are not good quality.)

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Cone size dictates nothing about how fast a driver will respond...

Some local idiot with a 10w7 told me 15s couldn't play double bass fast....he got out with a whole new outlook on what double bass is....

we're not talking about 15's

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

Archived