91explorer Posted January 10, 2010 Report Posted January 10, 2010 How good r memphis audio components? I was looking at there higher end components. Head unit Pioneer deh-80prs Sub Amp Highs Amp Skar audio Lp 60.4 Tweeters and Highs 2 Skar audio fsx 6.5 and 2 spx-t Subs Batteries? alt?
pk222 Posted January 11, 2010 Report Posted January 11, 2010 I've only heard one set of speakers by memphis and it was 6/9s in boxes in a single cab truck and they sounded great. I don't remember the model but for the money and just running off the head unit they were really good.
TheSundownFire Posted January 19, 2010 Report Posted January 19, 2010 I have their PR series (low end) 6.5 coaxials in my doors. The mid bass is excellent for what they are but the tweeter is harsh. But this is on low end speakers. Even beeing the low end ones they love power and take it better than the Boston Comps in my kick panels. 1999 Pontiac Sunfire Alpine CDA-9886 Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D Sundown Audio SAX-50.4 Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components Image Dynamics iD12 Optima Yellow Top SQFire FTW.
mbdblue Posted January 19, 2010 Report Posted January 19, 2010 I have their PR series (low end) 6.5 coaxials in my doors. The mid bass is excellent for what they are but the tweeter is harsh. But this is on low end speakers. Even beeing the low end ones they love power and take it better than the Boston Comps in my kick panels. if there run from an amp, you may want to adjust the settings to reduce harshness... I run the PRs, my friends do also, and I use to install the M-classes. I was more than happy with my PRs and IMO, there not that much different in sound than the M-class. either way, Ive gotten many compliments from people telling me how they can hear both my bass and highs from far away when you can only hear bass with everyone else. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
TheSundownFire Posted January 19, 2010 Report Posted January 19, 2010 Ive messed with everything possible. I could never get them to sound how I liked. Either no high or it was harsh. But harsh is subjective. 1999 Pontiac Sunfire Alpine CDA-9886 Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D Sundown Audio SAX-50.4 Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components Image Dynamics iD12 Optima Yellow Top SQFire FTW.
spl96jeep Posted January 19, 2010 Report Posted January 19, 2010 try turning the amp down alittle bit thats what i did with my pr 6.5 components and i was able to turn the volume up more and still got a great sound
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.