Second Skin Audio

Heres My Box

BeatBox

1) are you guys adding in sub displ and all thread displ?

sub dis is .15(4)

all thread is .04

2) its been said before, put whichever port measurement that the end correction factor needs to be accounted from into the height when using expos box calc.... in this case it would be 9"... which makes the sub "think" the port is 12" + 1/2(9") = 16.5"

so with displacement of .64

enter 9 for height

enter 14.5 for width

and still 12 for length

u get [email protected]

[it also depends on whether the port piece extends to the outer dimension or if it is butted up against the front .75" mdf, which lengths the port slightly, ([email protected] if port length 12.75")]

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

1) are you guys adding in sub displ and all thread displ?

sub dis is .15(4)

all thread is .04

2) its been said before, put whichever port measurement that the end correction factor needs to be accounted from into the height when using expos box calc.... in this case it would be 9"... which makes the sub "think" the port is 12" + 1/2(9") = 16.5"

so with displacement of .64

enter 9 for height

enter 14.5 for width

and still 12 for length

u get [email protected]

[it also depends on whether the port piece extends to the outer dimension or if it is butted up against the front .75" mdf, which lengths the port slightly, ([email protected] if port length 12.75")]

so is that good or bad? lol

if your looking to bump hard in the blazer i can tell you from building multiple boxes for mine you need more port volume either lower tuning or more square inches of port .12'' is short go 18'' at least you wont be sorry and if your tuning is not where you want it adjust your square inches of port. i run 2-12''s in 8 cubes with 160 sq in port tuned @ 40hz and peak @44hz braced and resin inside .and i have no big 3 done yet 1batt and single run of 0 gauge for +&- does a 148.1 windows up mic on dash windows down a 148.9db with your subs id do a subs up port back at bottom of box maybe 4.375x36.5 or bigger and keep your tuning length as close to 18'' or longer and brace the port board with all thread and resin box inside and out .then :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick: just my opinion.

sealed up on the termlab mic on dash 4-sa12"s 2-3500d's 153.4db now testing a american bass 1100.1 no numbers yet 300amp iraggi alt and kinetik batts.

ook at all these people who dont even know what program was used. punch the numbers into expo's calculator and you'll get the exact dimensions i gave him.

just did, it came out to 41.82hz

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

when whoever decides to check the numbers on expo's calc make sure you click slot port because thats what it is

37.16 now. =]

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

well the port piece right now is at 11.25in with the outer mdf .75 it den equals the 12in

im thinking of leaving it for now, but i could make changes to it.....

SkittlesRgood says it should be around 25in

New2Boom says it should be around 18in

so i dont know, what would be the best?

EDIT: forgot to THANK you guys for the reply posts, dont wanna waist my time and make it sound like shitt lol

what about Pi r^2 x xmax x 2 x 4 x 4 then figure out the port volume and see if you have enough ? i didnt have enough port volume in a box i built it was 2db less than what i have now .wish i have found formula earlier would have saved me some dough .

sealed up on the termlab mic on dash 4-sa12"s 2-3500d's 153.4db now testing a american bass 1100.1 no numbers yet 300amp iraggi alt and kinetik batts.

what about Pi r^2 x xmax x 2 x 4 x 4 then figure out the port volume and see if you have enough ? i didnt have enough port volume in a box i built it was 2db less than what i have now .wish i have found formula earlier would have saved me some dough .

as far as numbers im the WORSE lol thats why i had someone else design the box lol

ive always been happy with a center port about 10x10x10 just big enough to get my head in lol. Always worked for me...

4 cheap clarion sw1251 subs on a cdx1000.1

th_IMGP0316.jpg

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

also do something to stop that allthread from smacking into eachother.

i was gonna say that as well.

bust ya welder out :)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer