Guest dropthabeat.com

Man, I want it to look like there's nothin even there from the inside. I'm pretty sure I can fit everything in the trunk -I pray is more like it...

that's gonna be hard to pull off with 4 15's!!! that's alot of sub man! post some pics and we could get some ideas.

Man I guess I should've said it earlier that I've had these subs for almost 2 years laying around getting used for home audio. I question myself that they may not be able to handle these baddass amps, but I'm kinda workin with what I've got since I no longer have THAT much to spend. Basshead, what about those Q-Power subs you run? Can ya hook a brotha up?

Thanks for all the advice so far guys!

Oh yea, on the alt, yeah bryan, that is just the highest output I've found so far.

hell yea man i got you homie hit me up on yahoo

$240 including shipping for all four. I wanna see as well...

New!? Anyways this build is gonna be tight.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Well... Look what the post man & ups guy brought me today at almost the exact same time after I got home from class: :D

25 ft. of blue KLM 1/0gauge power kable & 25ft of silver 1/0 gauge ground from Knukonceptz

Posted Image

2 side post extension terminals, 3 ANL fuse holders, 2 top post battery terminals, 6 packs of 1/0 gauge ring terminals, & 6 300 amp fuses.

Posted Image

Here's my workstation for the evening! Got a radio on blast in the garage & a whole 12 pack fresh from the corner store!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's pic to give you an idea of how thick this wire is compared to a run of 4gauge:

Posted Image

Insulation stripped & ready for a terminal, some rosin-core solder & a propane torch.

Posted Image

Here it is with a terminal on it, ready to get filled with solder

Posted Image

& here's one that I already filled with solder using the torch. Not bad for the first time I've EVER tried!

Posted Image

One of how they will all look when they are done, but it got dark out & I got tired, so more will come tomorrow!

Posted Image

So what do ya think guys?! B)

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Looks like you got a long way to go to me! but you are on the right path so far! have fun with it and keep the pics comming!!!

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

good luck on the build bro!!! and i know which amp was mine...the top one

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Guest Nismofreak

Man I love kuni...Dam that wire is cheap and great....Knukonceptz ftw!!!

that 0 guage wire will take a hell lot of power....Should be enough....Good luck man..

For the box, dont do sealed facing up in a trunk, its not loud. However, do the fifteens as close together as you can, like 32" across, 32" deep, and make it about 13-14" tall with a nice port firing right at the trunk. I did that, and it was extremely loud!

Thanks for the suggestion, but what ever route I decide to take for a box, I know for sure it's gonna have to be 2 separate ones cuz I don't feel like building it in the trunk.

As for progress tonight, I got both runs of 1/0gauge ran back into the trunk & you can't even tell they're there. Ripped out the rubber boot from the fire wall & there was just enough room to fit them both through. I think tomorrow I might run to wal-mart (Even though I hate those fuckers) & get one of their top-of-the-line marine batts.

Should I do the big three with stock alt?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Archived