Sonic Electronix

Alot of people say not to mount your amp to the sub box. What exactly happens to the amp that is so bad? Is it the vibrations start breaking parts inside the amp? Just want to know if anyone has a detailed explanation.

And no, I don't have my amp on my box.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Alright haha i was gona warn you it wont last long under 2 ohms b.c i have my L7's final load of 1.8 but they take it daily and are perfict but with the mounting an amp on the box i wouldnt worry about it to muh but i have a feeling if you'd do it with like larger subs with bigger numbers it could mess with the amp

The key to minimizing vibration is a good enclosure that doesn't flex along with doubling up on the on the wood that the amp will be attached to.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i have wondered this myself. i don't understand how it can vibrate the amp, if it is mounted securly. if the box is built correct and is not flexing there should be no vibration right???

You'd like to think your windshield is glued in pretty good but bass still flexes it. It wouldn't be that the amps "frame" is rattling and damaging the little parts, it would be the actual computer board inside it with all the little electrical parts that more than half are just soldered on. Over time, less time if subs hit a lot harder, those solders would be what would concern me about shaking loose.

In theory, no matter how tight you have your amp screwed to the box, vibrations will still be running through it shaking the inter workings.

My 2 cents^^ :pardon:

1992 Cadillac SeVille STS

Pioneer DEH-P7600MD

Pioneer Premier Surround

JL Audio 10W7 Ported

Kenwood KAC-7203

Kicker ZX350x4

My YouTube

i also have been thinking about mounting my amp to my box but, what if you minmize the vibration by putting sound deadener down th prevent the shaking?

99 Toyota tacoma

- Alpine CDA 9887 head unit

- Rockford Mids & Highs

- Soundstreme TRX Mids & High amp

- Hifonics 2010D amp

- 15 Kicker L7

- 4 cube fiberglass box at 33 Hz

- optima yellow top

- big 3

- Knu wiring

- future vision 8K hids

- 36 square Ft damp pro with tweaker kit

soon to come

-1 more optima yellow top

I mounted mine to my box with a closed cell foam between the mounting points on the amp and the box. I've always had my amps mounted to my box to save space. I think when I build my new box I'll try to use some kind of rubber mat or rubber washers/rings to cut down on the vibrations.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M