Personal opinion

Drek75633

10ft and 120 sqin of port sounds like it's within the companies recommendations. I had a box with those specs and 2 18s and it did OK. The 12ft and 150sq sounds better for daily, but I don't see anything wrong with the 1st box.

Many members on this forum love lows- which you'll have an easier time getting from a larger box.

My next box will be the minimum enclosure requirements from the same company- and around 36hz. 36hz sounds great daily imo- gets the lows in MOST music, and puts up a bit better score in my vehicle (peak 32 and 42/43).

If you're going to just build one box do the 2nd one- you can always take up some of that extra air space with extra bracing and fiberglass resin or something.

What kind of enclosure would you say when you're wanting higher spl numbers and just decent sq.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

6 crossfire bmf 1700s strapped @ .5

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/Drek75633

DSBP_blue.jpg

It really depends on the equipment, if you have less power a larger box can often increase score, but as you start giving your sub several times it's RMS you'll want a smaller box/port to help the sub take the power well.

When it comes to SPL it's really a matter of trial and error- pure spl can be finicky, but just sticking in the recommendations of the manufacturer should give you pretty well rounded results for daily use.

*I was considering warden 18s and was going to do 10 ft for a pair with 140sq of port and 5kw each daily/12kw+ each for comps with 36-38hz tuning. I went a slightly different route though.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

It really depends on the equipment, if you have less power a larger box can often increase score, but as you start giving your sub several times it's RMS you'll want a smaller box/port to help the sub take the power well.

When it comes to SPL it's really a matter of trial and error- pure spl can be finicky, but just sticking in the recommendations of the manufacturer should give you pretty well rounded results for daily use.

*I was considering warden 18s and was going to do 10 ft for a pair with 140sq of port and 5kw each daily/12kw+ each for comps with 36-38hz tuning. I went a slightly different route though.

To remind you how badass these subs are. This one just broke the 3rd box it's been in. Broke it today.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

DSBP_blue.jpg

To remind you how badass these subs are. This one just broke the 3rd box it's been in. Broke it today.

That just means that you need to brace your boxes better.that like saying OH man my 300 watt amp just blew out a Btl it must be strong.Not being a dick im just saying you know

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

sounds like u need a box designed by me so it will never fall apart

ive never seen a box break from the subs pressure (well contructed)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

sounds like u need a box designed by me so it will never fall apart

ive never seen a box break from the subs pressure (well contructed)

I've fiberglassed. Screwed. Liquid nailed. Cross braced with 2 by 4s. I've done a lot of reinforcement. It's not that the box isn't well constructed. I've just been trying to keep this box as a temporary till I get another Warden.

EDIT* By the way. Pretty sure you have heard of Beajay25 from youtube running 4 Incriminator audio Warden 15's. His front faceplate is 5 or 6 layers of Birch. Still keeps breakin the corners and blowin them out.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

DSBP_blue.jpg

That just means that you need to brace your boxes better.that like saying OH man my 300 watt amp just blew out a Btl it must be strong.Not being a dick im just saying you know

Haha. I know. I was waitin on someone to be a smartass about it. It's cool.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

DSBP_blue.jpg

Remind me how you're going to tune at 35hz and peak at 44hz? I've never seen a car peak 9hz off the tuning frequency... and if it's for comps there's no way in hell a walled 'stang is going to have it's resonant peak at 44hz, the cabin is way too small for that after you mash a big ass wall right behind the B pillar. In other words, epic meter fail.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

What's up Decaf. Yea. It's mainly for comp. First step on any system is knowing the enclosure you want. That's what I'm trying to do. As you already know. 16kw per sub. Nuff said. lol. But I still want it to sound decent. This is a DAILY driver.

Do you know what its gonna take to hold up 32kw in a daily driver?? I dont see in happening. If you do, then good job

Remind me how you're going to tune at 35hz and peak at 44hz? I've never seen a car peak 9hz off the tuning frequency... and if it's for comps there's no way in hell a walled 'stang is going to have it's resonant peak at 44hz, the cabin is way too small for that after you mash a big ass wall right behind the B pillar. In other words, epic meter fail.

my car peaks at 45hz no matter what freq my box is tuned at..

Archived