what causes distortion?

ok, next thing to check is that the crossover on the amplifier is set to pass on both sides, or off, whichever the amp has. Make sure one isnt accidently stuck on lpf or something silly.

i check that to,it has lp hp and full ,so i have it in full, I really think is that piece of shi* amp,im going to get a powerbass 600.4 or 400.4 like the one in my sig to match my other amp and see what happens.

i wouldnt be so quick to rule the amplifier bad.

if all else fails run the comps passive and see what happens. That will ensure that something is probably setup wrong when running passive.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

i check that to,it has lp hp and full ,so i have it in full, I really think is that piece of shi* amp,im going to get a powerbass 600.4 or 400.4 like the one in my sig to match my other amp and see what happens.

Ding Ding Ding. We have our answer. Also, you really don't need that Alpine crossover, you are hardly touching what it is capable of. Just ditch it, bridge your amp and run the speakers using the passive crossovers provided. Set the LP filter to something of your liking and get new amp. Problems solved.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• 2 weeks later...

Dont forget, whatever medium you're using to play the music may be distorting it (for example: your ipod). Or maybe your music is distorted too! Maybe it's because you need Dynamat. Maybe it's a moonroof slapping the sheet metal. Maybe it's a taillight shaking loose. There's a lot of things that add to "perceived" distortion.