1985 Buick Regal Limited Build Log

this build is just crazy over the top...and I love it....the Gbody Regal's are a timeless car...keep up the work..and the insane amount of detail!

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

damn man where in minnesota do you live if you dont mind me asking i want to check this thing out super sick lol

Thanks, I am in St. Paul Park, but the frame work is happening in my buddies garage in North Branch. Hopefully have the frame into paint so I can bring it down to my pace and start mounting suspension by summer's end.

this build is just crazy over the top...and I love it....the Gbody Regal's are a timeless car...keep up the work..and the insane amount of detail!

Thanks, much appreciated.

I work here in California with Steve. I have always loved low riders and have owned a hand full myself. Just wanted to say I love the work done on the Buick. Have always loved the 78-80 Buick regal.

Thanks, Wish I was out that way so I didn't haveto pay for all the shipping of parts out to Cali for the chrome treatment!

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Forever and a day later I finally got my inner fenders back again polished out on the correct side this time.

InnerFendersPt2.jpg

InnerFendersPt20.jpg

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

• 2 months later...

wheres the rest of it?

Lol....what you see is what you get. I try to keep the build log up to date. We have been working on some of the small spots on the frame, but nothing noticeable enough to post pics of. I do a LOT of traveling for work, and currently have a 2 year old, and a 7 month old so spare time is really non-existant, and when I do get a couple minutes here and there it seems I am always trying to keep up on projects around the house and such. Lmao....the heat hasn't been helping much either. The last thing I want to do is go out in the garage that is temping out at about 140 and sand!

But in the few spare minutes I do have I have actually been working on something special for my little man's 3rd birthday.

Speakermold.jpg

Speakertrim.jpg

Polishedtrim.jpg

EscaladeBuild.jpg

EscaladeBuild3.jpg

EscaladeBuild2.jpg

PowerWheelsinHighBuild.jpg

PowerWheelsinHighBuild2.jpg

PowerWheels4.jpg

PowerWheels3.jpg

I fiberglassed in a PPI Sedona series 6 1/2" component set, with a Pioneer deck. I machined out some aluminum trim rings for the speakers because the grilles looked like garbage. Wanted the dash to match so I went ahead and machined out a trim ring for that too.......which in turn made me have to fiberglass the deck out a little bit because the trim ring was ever so slightly bigger than the spot the deck was going. Right now the entire power wheels is in high build primer and knocked down so we will be slinging some candy oriental blue, with flake, pearl, and other silver/grey patterns on it. :shrug:

wish i had a dope ride like that when i was a kid. haha , dont have kids of my own but i do work alot and i get taken away from my project, it sucks but gotta pay for it somehow

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

wish i had a dope ride like that when i was a kid. haha , dont have kids of my own but i do work alot and i get taken away from my project, it sucks but gotta pay for it somehow

Funny you say that because in part that is why I am doing this build. First and foremost it is just something fun for the little man to beat up on, but secondly I decided to do this for him because I can remember the 1 HUGE let down when I was much younger was always wanting a power wheels and never getting it.

It is tough finding time for things....and on the rare occasion I have some free time I would much rather spend it with the little ones than working out in the garage, but that is why I stopped putting deadlines on builds! Lol....with the exception of this power wheels....September 14th it WILL be done!

I also live in the Twin Cities. If you want an extra set of hands send me a PM, although I'm

probably only a little more help than your three year old is. LOL.

Your work on this car is top notch for sure, I don't think anyone would even try to say it ain't.

I also live in the Twin Cities. If you want an extra set of hands send me a PM, although I'm

probably only a little more help than your three year old is. LOL.

Your work on this car is top notch for sure, I don't think anyone would even try to say it ain't.

Lol....thanks for the kind words. Much like anyone on the forum, pretty much just a self taught weekend warrior, so I am far from where I would like the skill level to get when working on the vehicle. I do have a buddy who has helped from day one who went to school and worked professionally as a "body" guy, so I know that aspect is in good hands!

I wish I could get out to work on it more than I currently can, but feel free to hit me up. We can always use another set of hands and such.......or if nothing else always a good time just chopping it up about cars.

Archived