6.5 Kicks

8 Coaxils Doors

250 mechicman alt

1 red top under the hood

2 yellow tops in back

big 3 with 1/0 knukonceptz wire

3 runs of +/- 1/0 knukonceptz wire

IT LBS

If I get up there this weekend to work on it I will snap a couple more pics. Unfortuantely this time of year with the holidays gets tough to find time to put in work. But there is still progress here-and-there. Also have a few spots of rust on the rocker panels and removing the spare tire well in the trunk we were going to try and get done in the near future. Along with re-clear coating a buddies impala.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

• 1 month later...

Well as always it seems like progress is slowed by one thing or another. We were going to take the body back off the frame and heard a weird crack from the rafters.....as it turns out the way the studs were assembled the load on the chain hoists wasn't spreading as it should so instead of risking anything stupid it was time to do something we should have done years ago and build some gantry cranes. I didn't bother snapping many pics because it really isn't very interesting other than drilling some holes and welding. But here is the outcome:

Drilling holes to make everything modular and moveable based on the car:

crane.jpg

And the finished product:

crane2.jpg

Still one more to make but now the 4 chain hoists can be positioned exactly where we want them to be, and not just where they were hanging from the ceiling. The crane also comes apart and stores in 3 relatively reasonable size parts.

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Here is a the only other shots I grabbed while working them up.

Here is the metal mouts we CNC'd out of 3/8" metal for the hoists:

crane3.jpg

Here is a pic of what we had on the ceiling:

crane4.jpg

This was the original set-up until we heard the creak and what made us decide to build the crane.

Other than that....here is the next project in the garage next to the regal:

crane5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You have a Serious amount of Skills (metal work, Fab, Fiberglass, Paint), a great work place (amazing actually), and awesome resources. (i'm not worthy). Excellent Cuddy. Pure Excellence.

You have a Serious amount of Skills (metal work, Fab, Fiberglass, Paint), a great work place (amazing actually), and awesome resources. (i'm not worthy). Excellent Cuddy. Pure Excellence.

Lol, thanks man. Really appreciate it. I wish it would warm up so we can finally get the 62 out and back onto the regal! But all in due time.

that lift is BAD ASS!

Thanks man! Can't believe we waited that long to make one! I can't begin to guess how many bodies we have taken off the frame the old hard way of doing it by hand, or with a cherry picker.

:wackit3: X 18 pages = Shooting blanks man!

On a serious note you have talent my friend beyond belief. It looks like you have a passion for this why not do it as a job? Overall you have taken things to the next level. I cant wait to see the final product.

LMAO, nothing wrong with shooting blanks....no kids that way! ;)

Honestly life happens, and gets in the way of the hobby unfortunately. I wish I could get out to the garage on the daily, but I would much rather spend time with my kids while they are young, and of course responsibilities around the house and traveling a lot for work always seem to come up as well.

I used to work at a custom car shop, and also an audio shop, but I quickly learned that if you want something to be fun, and remain a hobby, don't do it as a job! When I was working 80 hours a week at shops the last thing I wanted to do was come home and tinker in the garage. My stuff never got done. Side jobs are still always happening....in part that is what has paid for most of this build, but also takes me away from the build as well. Lol

Archived