trulywickedcustoms Posted January 21, 2010 Report Posted January 21, 2010 I am getting closer to buying my subs and amps for my build an I keep reading/ watching visa of AQs HD 15" and it seems very impressive! But iv also seen what the FI fully loaded BTL can do is there anyone who has maybe delt with both an could compair the 2?? Just wondering I'm pretty set instone with my 4 BTLs and 4 AQ3500.1s that I want but I can't help but wonder about audioque's sub?? Thanks Blake *2013 NEW BUILD* 12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall 4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks 40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns 3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts tons of audiotechnix wire 24- XS Power D1400's -TEAM XS POWER- -TEAM CROSSFIRE- -TDH-
Sanitarium Posted January 21, 2010 Report Posted January 21, 2010 ask newls1 of his personal opinions of his old BTLs versus my new HDC3's. I think he's posted that opinion at least once in my current build actually.
trulywickedcustoms Posted January 21, 2010 Author Report Posted January 21, 2010 ask newls1 of his personal opinions of his old BTLs versus my new HDC3's. I think he's posted that opinion at least once in my current build actually. aha yes I was just going through your build vry nice! :hairtrick: but I thought he said BLs ? I'm prob wrong lol but was it close to the same power and stuff? Like do you have a far better set up than he did bc If his box or electrical etc... Was bad/incorrect then yours would kill his, like I said I just want a few peoples opinons on the AQ HDC3 straight up with the FI Fully loaded BTL *2013 NEW BUILD* 12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall 4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks 40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns 3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts tons of audiotechnix wire 24- XS Power D1400's -TEAM XS POWER- -TEAM CROSSFIRE- -TDH-
Sanitarium Posted January 21, 2010 Report Posted January 21, 2010 aha yes I was just going through your build vry nice! :hairtrick: but I thought he said BLs ? I'm prob wrong lol but was it close to the same power and stuff? Like do you have a far better set up than he did bc If his box or electrical etc... Was bad/incorrect then yours would kill his, like I said I just want a few peoples opinons on the AQ HDC3 straight up with the FI Fully loaded BTL you may be right on the BL part. Don't know what kinda power he was running (i think 2000 wrms) but i've seen the box and it was nice, braced up with all thread and covered with bed liner.
mlstrass Posted January 22, 2010 Report Posted January 22, 2010 Both subs are very capable in the right enclosure. I've built boxes for a few BTL's and was pretty impressed, although both set ups were underpowered. I run AQ's in my ride with 3500's on them and they do all that I want. Sound very good on real music when dialed back and can get rather loud when I lean on them. On that power level you'd want alum coil HDC's. Vid from last week of the AQ's in action: AQ Vid
newls1 Posted January 22, 2010 Report Posted January 22, 2010 Back when I was running 2 18" BL's with that MD3D USAMPS, I had a perfect spec'ed box/tuned port...etc for the power that it was seeing, and i'm quite sure my electrical was strong for it too. 2 dc power alts, multi runs of +, and - along with a mla module, and 2 deka g31's...... thanks! also, sanitarium needs his alt BAD, he is basically using his stereo setup now on just batts, as his stock 60a alt for obvious reasons cant keep up. I did 95% of the wiring for his setup, and it is cherry, but once that alt comes in, should be a nice and new ball game. aha yes I was just going through your build vry nice! :hairtrick: but I thought he said BLs ? I'm prob wrong lol but was it close to the same power and stuff? Like do you have a far better set up than he did bc If his box or electrical etc... Was bad/incorrect then yours would kill his, like I said I just want a few peoples opinons on the AQ HDC3 straight up with the FI Fully loaded BTL I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
esteagall Posted January 22, 2010 Report Posted January 22, 2010 I would go with FI. But that's because I have 2 FL BTLs and am a huge fan of FI and their customer service. Just my oppinion -Car: 2006 Ford expedition King Ranch -Subs: 2 FI BTLs 18 fully loaded -amps: 2 sundown SAZ 3000D -Alternator: DC Power 260 amps -Batterys: 2 optima yellowtops -A whole shit load of 0 guage knu hyper flex and raptor cable -Rockford Fosegate 3sixty
mlstrass Posted January 22, 2010 Report Posted January 22, 2010 I would go with FI. But that's because I have 2 FL BTLs and am a huge fan of FI and their customer service. Just my oppinion as stated before either sub is very capable, but I lean towards the alum coil HDC's as you can't beat them for the price and AQ customer service is some of THE best along with Sundown.
newls1 Posted January 22, 2010 Report Posted January 22, 2010 This is a completly useless post. Have you even heard a AQ HDC3 in person...........NOPE! OP, being that i've heard both in person, and slammed on both of them, I can say with "KNOWLEDGE" that the AQ will make you happier. I enjoyed my FI's, but AQ seems to give you MORE FOR YOUR MONEY! I would go with FI. But that's because I have 2 FL BTLs and am a huge fan of FI and their customer service. Just my oppinion I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
tlee2 Posted January 22, 2010 Report Posted January 22, 2010 Fi ftw man. 6 Sundown X 15s 2 Sundown NS1 V2s C Pillar 4th order Bagged Suburban on 24s http://youtube.com/tlee333
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.