so a long time ago i got the rrod, sent it in, fixed it got the extended warrenty blah blah, since never had a problem with it at all until just now, the tray opens fine, closes fine, acts like its going to read the disc...but it never does, always gives you the "open tray" option on the screen instead of "play" and whatever game it is, its a 1st gen 360...anybody know what might be wrong?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

worst come to worst and you have to replace the disk drive $50 fix

https://secure.llamma.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=73_86

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

how long did it take for you to get your box back. i just sent mine in yesterday

1999 Altima 5spd

HU: Alpine CDA-9887

Frnts: CDT audio 6.5 Components

Rears: Alpine Type R 6.5 Components

Speaker Amp: DAT HR4125

Subs: 2 AQ HDC3 15's coming soon

Sub Amps:(2)US MD2D

Wiring: Stinger

8_RedDevillogo.pngalpine_logo.jpg

Maybe its not the tray maybe something is making it do that my xbox did the same google RROD codes iys pretty cool it tells you exactly whats wrong just hope you dont get 0102 error i got it twice

Drop a BTL on his head

i think DC lvl 2's beat the infamous jackhammer...

The formulas that you used to predict this enclosure's behavior can't predict turbulence since turbulence is, by definition, chaotic. You can't predict chaos.

My old box used to do that, I believe it is the eye getting stuck, what I did is after I put the disc in the drive and closed it(Xbox Horizontal) I would tap at a medium level over the spot the disc drive is located, that would usually unstick the eye and then it would read the disc.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

i dont think its the tray istelf cause it opens and closes fine, just dosnt wanna read the disc, captain ill try your method out here shortly and if all else fails ill go with the disc drive

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

hey i had this problem too take it apart (be gental) and open the disk drive (just take the top off) and then plug it up and see if the lazer is moving if not then you might just need to replace the drive its cheaper than sending it in and you can find the guide to take the metal casing off of it online cause you just need to take out like 5 of the screws then you can see whats wrong

Pioneer DEH-P3000IB head unit

Rockford T1000.1bd

Two AQ SDC 2.5 12s

My build log.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84319-darthballsy1s-04-ford-ranger-video-build-log/

v59y52.png

Archived