Sundown Audio

made a boo boo

speeddemon0308

i have the solution put any stickers or numbers off the new amp onto the old one, shove it inle the box and send it back it. bang on the "new" amp for awhile

/thread

Yup.

Good plan, asshole. Way to fuck the industry up the ass.

Ever wonder why some companies are so anal-retentive about warranties? It's because of shitheads like you trying to pull a swifty. That broken amp comes out of somebody's pay packet at the end of the day.

Disgusting.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

yeah that's pretty fucked up.. i'd make who ever fucked up and thought they knew how to hook up amps pay for it.. i know when im about to put the 0 gauge into the terminal i triple check what it says... + or - take your time next time

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

That date is silk screened on the board, its probably when the board was printed, not necessarily when the components were soldered to it and the amp assembled. They will usually put a sticker with that information on it when its built.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

so me and my bro ( fox_racin ) were changin the box.. and we were hookin up the amps ( AP 3000's ) and the one i did i dident pay attention and i put the - in the + by accident and when i went to hook up the + it arced and it was for mabey half a second if that. there was no smoke or funny smells.. it still turns on and when we try to set the gains with a DMM it shows up but VERY little when the other one still works normally. so im asking what it oculd be and if its fixable going to open it up shortly. AND unfortunatly this is one we bought used while the other one is brand new :censored: :censored: althought he one we bought BNIB had the sticker on the bottome broken and as soon as i noticed this i gave the plaec a call and set he would help me out if i ever had any problems!
yeah that's pretty fucked up.. i'd make who ever fucked up and thought they knew how to hook up amps pay for it.. i know when im about to put the 0 gauge into the terminal i triple check what it says... + or - take your time next time

i knew where it was goin then got side tracked and then when i went to hok it up again. every one makes mistakes cant say you havent.

edit: taking it in today the guy says its a pre-amp resistor

well too it to the guy today, he hooked it up on the bench and hooked up some speakers, had the gain all the way up and it wasent very loud but he only had it on a 10amp power supply, so thought it wasent putting out alot of power becasue if the small power supply.. hooked it up in the car and nothing at all.

so the amp is now on its way back to the place i bought it to get replaced and then i will have a new one sent back to me!! now i have to play the waitng game!

well too it to the guy today, he hooked it up on the bench and hooked up some speakers, had the gain all the way up and it wasent very loud but he only had it on a 10amp power supply, so thought it wasent putting out alot of power becasue if the small power supply.. hooked it up in the car and nothing at all.

:01nocomment8so:

Not to talk shit on a fellow amp tech... but were they really an amp tech? At the very least they should have been able to tell you what was wrong with it...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived