Sonic Electronix

yes

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

right now im pushing about 1100rms total (kicker 750.1 & 350.4). 4 gauge from the battery to a distribution block, 4 gauge to the mono amp and 8 gauge to the 4-channel amp. i got a stock alt (70/80amp) and a stock Duralast battery :P, i get voltage drops and dimming.

what size of wire should i use for the big 3? oh btw i dont think will go over 2000rms for a long time so yeah. any suggestions? thanks alot people.

Im in the same boat bro. exception for the small amp, i got a zx750.1 and 4 gauge running to it. And i have a weak ass 70A alt. My voltage drops from 14.6 to 13.1 and sometimes down to 11.9v. I hardly have enough to get the h/o alt. rite now so im jus gonna do big 3 in 1/0 gauge. im good running 4 gauge to my amp but i agree wit da otha guys on the big 3, do it rite n get it done in 1/0.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Im in the same boat bro. exception for the small amp, i got a zx750.1 and 4 gauge running to it. And i have a weak ass 70A alt. My voltage drops from 14.6 to 13.1 and sometimes down to 11.9v. I hardly have enough to get the h/o alt. rite now so im jus gonna do big 3 in 1/0 gauge. im good running 4 gauge to my amp but i agree wit da otha guys on the big 3, do it rite n get it done in 1/0.

oh really? thats cool man. yeah i get those same volt drops too :[. right now i cant afford 0 gauge right now man, especially the high quality ones. but i can afford some good 4 gauge. i mean right now i think its 8 gauge stock wire under the hood, and im pretty sure 4 gauge is plenty. yeah i can do 0 gauge so i dont have to do it later but i dont even know if im going to have a bigger system in this car. all i want is just the dimming to go away and to have stable voltages.

hey man, when you do the big 3 can you please let me know how it went? cuz you got stock alt and batt right? same as me. thanks and peace.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

oh really? thats cool man. yeah i get those same volt drops too :[. right now i cant afford 0 gauge right now man, especially the high quality ones. but i can afford some good 4 gauge. i mean right now i think its 8 gauge stock wire under the hood, and im pretty sure 4 gauge is plenty. yeah i can do 0 gauge so i dont have to do it later but i dont even know if im going to have a bigger system in this car. all i want is just the dimming to go away and to have stable voltages.

hey man, when you do the big 3 can you please let me know how it went? cuz you got stock alt and batt right? same as me. thanks and peace.

ya il let ya know i thought about doing it in 4g to cuz its jus a 70A n i can get it cheap at my local audio shop. Im also running a die hard batt. basically stock.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

ya il let ya know i thought about doing it in 4g to cuz its jus a 70A n i can get it cheap at my local audio shop. Im also running a die hard batt. basically stock.

cuz man i dont know if i really need to do the big 3 or my battery or alt is failing. cuz my dimming is getting worse :\. to the point i cant even see the lights on my EQ. and when the voltages drop to like 10-11 the bass decreases.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

You should use 0 gauge on the big 3 and in the car then add another battery then if it still drops get an H.O alt

right now im pushing about 1100rms total (kicker 750.1 & 350.4). 4 gauge from the battery to a distribution block, 4 gauge to the mono amp and 8 gauge to the 4-channel amp. i got a stock alt (70/80amp) and a stock Duralast battery :P, i get voltage drops and dimming.

what size of wire should i use for the big 3? oh btw i dont think will go over 2000rms for a long time so yeah. any suggestions? thanks alot people.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Archived