Full Excursion - Kingsuv's Build

Thanks guys. I will be happy once they are hanging on my doors again. Haven't had door panels in my truck in well over a year now ;)

lol who are you telling. I drove with no door panels since about November. I just put the top half of them back in earlier this month... the bottom half is a failed fiberglass project lol. Ill be watching the updates

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

lol who are you telling. I drove with no door panels since about November. I just put the top half of them back in earlier this month... the bottom half is a failed fiberglass project lol. Ill be watching the updates

January 2009 ;)

But it hasn't had a system in it since October 2007

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

King,

Nice to see you posting your build log again!

What do you have planned for the doors? B&C or Selenium, or something new?

I am starting new doors for the PT, all Selenium, and I know I am gonna learn something watching your door pics!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Couldnt sleep last night, decided to read through this whole thread...

I think its time for a comeback for the X! Looks like your skills keep getting better...cant wait to see whats next!

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

did I miss what amps those were?

the 2500s?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

King,

Nice to see you posting your build log again!

What do you have planned for the doors? B&C or Selenium, or something new?

I am starting new doors for the PT, all Selenium, and I know I am gonna learn something watching your door pics!

Selenium 6's and 8's with the 1' tweets in the door sails. I have been working with a few other brands and am currently looking at a newer speaker company to try very soon.

Couldnt sleep last night, decided to read through this whole thread...

I think its time for a comeback for the X! Looks like your skills keep getting better...cant wait to see whats next!

Thanks man, at this point any tunes is better then whats going on now.

did I miss what amps those were?

the 2500s?

Yes sir

8 HF-2500'a 2 HR-4125's ans a HR-4085

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

you can find them in the electrical dept at Home depot or any electrical supply house. I found mine near the zipties.

they don't stick to everything. It didn't like to stick to the LLP in the truck so I hot glued them :D

• 2 months later...

Well after much dickin around on other projects, I decided to put some time in on the truck again.

So I spent some time sanding these down and really working them over for some paint. As well know wrapping is way easier to cover the crap you didn't want to take the time to smooth out :D

002-9.jpg

I also decided to add some Second Skin LLP where the factory foam was on the back of the doors. It makes for a tight fit, but takes all the rattle out.

001-9.jpg

106.jpg

104.jpg

Figures I would have a pic of it all done up and it already be dirty.

103.jpg

I left off the arm support covers as these will get rewrapped.

003-10.jpg

Now the black grille cloth is all I have right now. Once I find a tan to match, I will re cover them.

Now the last little trick to do to help seal the doors is to fill the gap in the weather stripping with backer rod window sealant. It's a tricky process and I find it easier to do with fish rods to help pull the material through. The other thing to do is use a silicone spray to help it through.

004-11.jpg

These doors shut like a brand new truck again ;)

Archived