Sonic Electronix

So upon looking at my subs I realized I ordered d4 instead of d2 so I will be at 2 ohms with all 4 subs. Crap. My amp puts out its max rms at 4 ohms and I am at 2. I will be getting 500 less than what I could. Its a JBL BPX 2200.1 2450 @ 4 ohms bridged. So if the normal load is 2 ohms I would like to get closer to 4 at the reactive. Does anyone have any ideas or tricks for me. The box is gonna be a little over 5 cubes after all displacement. I plan on fiverglassing the rest of the inside of the box but I read somewhere that some box flex migh help rise impedance.

What other tricks do you have up your sleeve?

The subs are 4 10" re se's and they are all d4's obviously. lol.

Truck 1 96 Silverado Ext cab

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

2 sets of JL XR components

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

141.5 @ DB drag street max 3-4

148.8 outlaw.

Truck 2 silverado 2500HD Ext Cab- Building this truck now

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

Subs under rear bench lifted 4"

in all honesty youll be rose to 4ohms or over with the 2ohms anyways i wouldnt sweat it and just bump it at 2ohms

So should I still fiberglass the inside of the box. I wanted to brace the inside a little more without disrupting airflow and eating too much airspace.

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

as a general rule always make your box strong. imo fiberglass resining the inside of a box is such a waste of money straight cuts and solid glue joints you shouldnt need to seal up any edges

as a general rule always make your box strong. imo fiberglass resining the inside of a box is such a waste of money straight cuts and solid glue joints you shouldnt need to seal up any edges

The box is roughly 55 wide and only 14 tall in the front and 12 in he back plus the extra section in the back. It looks kinda like this but has 3 4" aero ports to the drivers side vs the 2 in this pic.

newboxround.jpg

I am just not sure if it will be strong enough. The bottom is fiberglass and I resined the inside just because I had some extra. Plus The slicker surface should reflect the waves just a lil better. Might be an overkill but hell Why not. It was already mixed and woulda gone in the trash.

here is the box as it sits in the garage right now.

box2.jpg

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

i gained nothing switching from 1 ohm to 4 ohms with the exact same amp.

nice amp btw!

Well I had his hooked up to 4 jl w6v2's and didnt look at the specs and had it at 4ohps but 2 chan. So the subs were getting like 6something each pair. lol. I thought it was a monoblock amp with dual outputs. Freakin tard. Someone said that this amp is regulate like JL's slash serios. But the specs say otherwise.

Man I wish I went with DV level 3's but rusty or whoever sent me the pricing info took way too long so I jus settled. I will prob sling these off to someone local and get me the level 3s in the near future.

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

looks like your going to have depth mounting issues neat those ports

The mag will clear. Plus I am gonna double baf the front. But the angle of the front will put the mag below the top port tube. I already mocked it up. Its a tight fit but it will go. I was having hell with figuring out the ports. I decided on the 3 4" aeros. Couldnt fit 4 because of the length and I would have to go 2 on each side. Then 2 6" rounds would be worse than the 3 aeros.

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan