Okay guys... I been lookin' around askin' questions and stuff for a while...

I have an 87 toyota regular cab truck.

Heres whats goin' in it:

1 - AQHDC312 D2

1 - Power Acoustik PS1-4000D (rated at 2200w at 1 ohm) (I also have my eye on an AQ2200)

1 - Power Acoustik PS4-300

4 - Power Acoustik 6.5 Coaxials (sets)

4 - Power Acoustik tweeter (sets)

1 - Power Acoustik 7 band EQ

Batteries TBD (one red top atm)

2x stock alts for the time being

Running a VR3 touch screen DVD plater with USB and AUX in...

The sub will be in a box in the bed (yes that means a blow thru... haha)

Now... What I need help with... I want the box to hit really low notes... (jeezy, gucci, ect.)

I need to know how big the box should be... I can do the calculation for the port size but I couldn't find how big the box should be.

The ording of items will begin as soon as my tax check arrives in the 2nd week in feb.

Untill then I'm gonna be designing my box, getting my bed cover, cutting my cab and so forth...

thanks for all the help in advance!

id do 3-4 cubes tuned to like 32hz

I've seen some stuff on here about peoples using smaller boxes in order to be able to put more power on their subs... Do you think i'll need to take that into consideration? I know being that the amp is Power Acoustik it wont put out quite 3200wrms... Should I even worry about it?

Theres a guy around Chicago (DOA SLEEPY) who runs 4k to each of his HDC3As, and everything ive read said up to 2k-2200 or so is fine for copper coils.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Ok thanks... That should work out fine...

I'm gonna have pics up of the truck soon... Gotta go to the girls house and use her camera...

I'm hoping my truck didn't get screwed up last night... apparently my antifreeze wasn't as strong as I thought... It got too 16 degrees last night and I woke up this morning and cranked the truck and the fan belt squeeled... I got out and looked and the coolant was frozen and the fan wasn't turning...

The neck at the top of my radiator busted but none of my freeze plugs did so i have my fingers crossed that the block isn't cracked...

I appreciate all the questions being answered...

I have one more tho... lol Will 32hz tuning hit crazy lows? cause i'm willing to sacrifice some db output for it to hit low... really low.... haha I'm a low junkie...

Edit: gotloud555 My head unit... Be that its a cheapo... doesn't have anything but bass and treble adjustment... I doubt the eq will even be on the subs tho... its mostly for the highs... My head unit is strange in that it cant produce much mid with out a distorting amount of bass...

I don't meant to offend but why do you EQ in there?

If you had one you would know why..They help out so much..

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Archived