trunck car + SAE-1200 + one 15"sub = 148.1db

I had some time to kill this weekend so we tested a few amps in the car! here is the video from testing the Sundown SAE-1200 we clamped 1439.915 watts @ 3 ohms for a score of a 148.11 this score was done DB-Drag style sealed on the dash! one extra battery in the trunk. This for all the people that think that you have to have a tone of power to get loud when all it takes is a little (realy alot) time and some testing! I think this is pretty good with only a 1200 wat amp! The goal this year is to do a 150.00db with as little power as possable? from the looks of it we can do a 150 with less the 2800 watts? only time will tell hope to have more videos soon! :hairtrick:

I am using a frankin woofer!! the coil and motor don't match! the motor is a Atomic APX had to get a different recone becuase of the hard time getting one from them? I am sure that if Itried one of the other subs I have around the shop it will get louder just didn't have time to switch the subs. I may try that this comming weekend?

damn, now you really have me pumped for my new build, 15" custom woofer with 2500 watts, lookin for a jeep to put it in too, awesome score!

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

x2 on the box specs, i must be doing something wrong

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Archived