Sonic Electronix

Blowing windows, whats my chance?

car/trunk or suv/truck what is it going in?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Nil chance of blowing out a window. Mayyyyyybe you could crack the windscreen if you went all out on stupid stupid lows.

I had a 10kw+ build in a tiny little car (Hyundai Getz) and even though it looked like the car was breathing in and out I never had problems with glass.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Id go with an 18 but the sound is mostly in how your box is made and the car.

Sadly enough I have no wood cutting tools, just standard wrenches, sockets, etc so I will have to have some place around here make me a box and since I dont at all trust the people that run the audio shops around here Im left with Best buy. They custom made a box for my friends 12" and they did a great job, it sounds real good so I figured they could do the same for my car.

car/trunk or suv/truck what is it going in?

The trunk of my 93 Fleetwood

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

a 15 would be good if you can get 17" hight and ask around the forum and see whos in your area who will build you a box

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

best buy eh but what you can do is hit up the people on this website and get a box design for about 10 or 15 bucks..get the specs sheet and drawing printed and bring that to the shop. Tell the shop you want the box designed exactly the way it is drawn up and for a fair price :good:

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

a 15 would be good if you can get 17" hight and ask around the forum and see whos in your area who will build you a box

I have 52" across, 20" from the top and if I keep the spare where it is then I have 20" depth

best buy eh but what you can do is hit up the people on this website and get a box design for about 10 or 15 bucks..get the specs sheet and drawing printed and bring that to the shop. Tell the shop you want the box designed exactly the way it is drawn up and for a fair price :good:

That does sound like a good idea I never really thought of that, thanks

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

I'd say run an 18.. just put 8's in the doors for that bit of missing midbass lol ;)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

No offenese but with the ?'s you have been asking I don't recommend you run your lvl 5 at 4kw. Trust me you'll have a blown woofer in no time.

:rofl:

but seriously no window breakage

go with a 15

have someone who knows what they're doing build a box for those and be careful the DCs dont tend to like clipping very well

and be careful with the tuning

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

No offenese but with the ?'s you have been asking I don't recommend you run your lvl 5 at 4kw. Trust me you'll have a blown woofer in no time.

None taken dude, Ill straight admit I know very little about systems. I got a few friends that will be helping me out. So you dont think I should push all 4kw, thinking more along the lines of 3.5kw?

:rofl:

but seriously no window breakage

go with a 15

have someone who knows what they're doing build a box for those and be careful the DCs dont tend to like clipping very well

and be careful with the tuning

I spoke to a friend earlier who has built some boxes and we are going to build one, I figure this way I can get some experience with it.

Now let me ask this, what is the proper way to tune this?

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Archived