Sonic Electronix

Blowing windows, whats my chance?

do you know about working with fiberglass? its a good thing to learn how to do but make sure you arnt in any hurry to get it done. takes a lot of sanding to get it ready for paint. put a 2x4 under the middle of the amp rack to help protect your amp from vibrations. or an even better way is to use 1.5" or bigger dowels under each mounting foot of the amp (inside the box)

I have not worked with it before but my friend has used it several times and he already said he would help me. I will be really anxious to get everything done but I promise not to rush the building lol.

Hearing from several people that the vibrations from the subs could actually really damage the amp Im just going to mount it/them against the walls of the trunk

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

As far as tuning, don't spend money on an oscope, but rather try to borrow one ^_^

I bought an oscope and only used it a few times. It's not sitting in my closet collecting dust.

It's not even useful for the electronic courses because they provide those 20k oscope lunchboxes in the labs

speak for your self my oscope probably sees more action then i do!!

j/k i would do 1 dc lvl5 tuned to like 35hz, get some nice door speakers and a 4 channel call it a day

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

youre talking about 3.5 and 4k watts... what electrical upgrades are you adding? i would make sure that was straight b4 i started buying equipment

03 chevy impala lshu: JVC kw-nx7000comp: pg rsd 65cscomp amp: RF punch 500xwiring: 1/0 knukonceptz and 4 gauge Tsunamisub: 2 12" D1 Sundown Nightshadessub box: still need 1sub amp: 2x Aq 2200dsbattery: (front)Duralast Gold;(back) 2x Deka Intimidator g31electrical: big 3 in 1/0 gauge knu flexsecurity: Clifford Matrix 50.5x

speak for your self my oscope probably sees more action then i do!!

j/k i would do 1 dc lvl5 tuned to like 35hz, get some nice door speakers and a 4 channel call it a day

And if I get two lvl 4xls? what hz you thinking then?

youre talking about 3.5 and 4k watts... what electrical upgrades are you adding? i would make sure that was straight b4 i started buying equipment

the big three upgrade of course, inline fuses, a 20 farad cap which I know is bit of an overkill but Id rather have the extra wasted energy than not enough. Im sure there is more I should do and I was going to ask before I do the install but since you mentioned it, what am I missing?

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

My windshield leaks water at the top center because the roof shook so violently it seperated from the windshield. The back window has like 4" of excursion and it will probably go eventually. I have yet to play this thing at full tilt. 2 orion HCCA 15's a AP30001D's 6k watts ext cab chevy truck :)

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

2 xl's > 1 lvl 5...

do an extra batt or 2, not a crap... umm, i mean cap...

I would love to do an extra battery or two but I cant afford it at the moment, the cap is $100 and yellowtops are $220 each so for now the cap will have to hold me over.

Is there anything else Im really missing in what I should do for electrical upgrades?

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

I would love to do an extra battery or two but I cant afford it at the moment, the cap is $100 and yellowtops are $220 each so for now the cap will have to hold me over.

Is there anything else Im really missing in what I should do for electrical upgrades?

Honestly man, don't waste your money on capacitors. They are completely useless in most applications. The smallest battery you can buy from Kinetik is similar to a 600F capacitor for around $100 and will help WAY more, but still not enough for 3k+. You will also need an alternator to keep them charged or you'll blow those too.

As far as the windshield...well I've never seen anybody do it with a trunk system. And until you get upwards of 155db+, you will not have to worry about cracking or blowing a perfect windshield, and even then you're luck is not very good.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

cant believe this thread is still alive

maybe u shud try

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

The only way you might "blow a window with that sub is if for some reason the window caught when you where rolling it up from shaking and busted it. still its a slim chance. If you hear the window scrapping when you role it up at sertain volumes just dont do it again haha then you wont have that happen. Good luck on the woofer boss

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

Archived