Hotdog's Build Log - Update 5-24-2010 ** Vote for me in May System of the month**

no he needs to run the same size and model speakers first

:drinks:

then worry about port placement, which is actually best firin back like that in his car

havin the same port area for 15s and 12s right will make the subs not movin in complete unison nor the same amount of travel... which means he could still be louder!!

i cant wait to see this at one of the southern illinois shows so i can eat my words :clapping:

If you look at this Vid you can see the 12's and 15's moving together.. it is in HD so you can go full screen to get a better view.

I think im gonna go out and get that Poke Her Face single:..id like to see how that really sounds, my truck should be finished tomorrow!! Cant wait to hear it...

And "Lady Gaga - Poker Face" is really punchy...hits hard. I made this Video to show the subs moving to different type of music.. I need to do one with something in the 20hz range. Ill have to look up the frequency that Poker face is.

Picked up a nice little gem today... An all copper chassis Rockford Fosgate RFX9400 Head unit band new in the box with all accessories.

RFX9400.jpg

So as soon as I get it I will be pulling out my Alpine CDA-9856 and putting this baby in.

Specs

* MP3 Playback via CD-R With File Names & Folder Management

Audio Video Switcher

Auxillary Inputs

* Front/Rear/Sub Preouts With 80hz Low Pass Filter

* 5 Volt Low Impedance Preouts

* Copper Chassis!

* RDS (RADIO DATA SYSTEM) Tuner

* motorized, detachable fold-down face

* multi-color display

* will play audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs, including those encoded with MP3 files

* disc naming; scrolls 16-character ID3 tags

* 20 FM/10 AM presets with seek and scan tuning

* selectable US/European tuning

* CD/radio station titling (up to a total of 100 discs/stations)

* source tone memory

* wireless remote

* CD changer controls

* clock

* 25 watts RMS/40 watts peak x 4 channels

* CD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz

* CD signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB

* FM sensitivity 10 dBf

* 1-year warranty

MP3 Playback: This unit will play MP3 files that have been recorded onto CD-R or CD-RW discs using the ISO 9660 format. The RFX9300 is compatible with bit rates from 32kbps to 320kbps. The following functions are available during MP3 playback:

* Folder Skip: forward and reverse

* File Skip: forward and reverse

* Audible File Search: forward and reverse

* Random Play: allows you to play the files on the disc in random order

* Repeat Play: allows you to repeat the current file

* Pause: allows you to pause playback

Copper Plated Chassis: The chassis is plated in copper to help shield the unit from noise.

Motorized Faceplate: The faceplate on this unit shifts downward and outward to insert/eject CDs.

Contrast Adjustment: The display contrast may be adjusted from -5 to +40 for optimum readability.

Display Dimming: When the dimmer wire of this unit is connected to the headlamp circuit of your vehicle, and you turn your lights on, the display will dim to a preset level. The display brightness is not affected by the vehicle's dimmer control.

Mounting Angles: This unit may be installed at any angle between 20-degrees above horizontal and 20-degrees below horizontal.

Digital to Analog Conversion: This unit is equipped with dual 1-bit digital to analog converters.

Source Tone Memory: Individual bass and treble settings are memorized for the tuner and built-in CD player. Bass and treble settings are also memorized for a CD changer, when an optional CD changer is connected. The same setting is held in memory for all tuner bands (the bass and treble settings in memory for the FM bands is also the setting in memory for the AM bands).

Punch Loudness Boost: This function boosts the bass and treble response at all volume levels.

Station/Disc Title Memory: Titles, up to 10 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for up to 100 (total) AM/FM stations or CDs. Titles cannot be entered into memory for CDs in an optional CD changer. Title memory is only for CDs played in the built-in CD player and radio stations.

Switchable Tuning Spacing: The AM and FM tuning spacing may be set for US standard spacing (0.2MHz for FM and 10kHz for AM) or European tuning spacing (0.05MHz for FM and 9kHz for AM). In US standard spacing, the FM tuning range is 87.5 to 107.9MHz, and the AM tuning range is 530 to 1710kHz. In European spacing, the FM tuning range is 87.5 to 108MHz, and the AM tuning range is 522 to 1620kHz.

CD Pause: CD playback may be paused without shutting off the unit.

Summed Preamp Outputs: In addition to the front and rear preamp outputs, this unit has a set of summed preamp outputs. The summed outputs provide a summed left-plus-right mono output through two female RCA connections. The summed output is meant for connecting a subwoofer amplifier. For convenient level matching with the rest of the system, the summed output level may be independently set from 0 to 30. In addition, the outputs have a selectable low-pass filter, allowing you to choose 80Hz or full-range operation.

Auxiliary Inputs: Two sets of female RCA jacks are provided to allow the connection of portable audio sources. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. Each Aux input level is adjustable and can be set to -6, 0, or +6. The jacks are located on the 10" long preamp input and output wiring harness, which connects to the back of the unit.

Setup Options:

* DX/Local: allows you to choose DX or Local. The DX setting adjusts the sensitivity of the tuner for rural conditions where there are weak radio stations. The Local setting adjusts the sensitivity for city conditions where there are several strong radio stations.

* Americas/(Eur/Aust): allows you to select US standard or European tuning spacing

* P. Play/EJ Mute: allows you to choose P. Play or EJ Mute. The P. Play setting automatically plays the tuner after you eject a CD. The EJ Mute setting automatically mutes the tuner after you eject a CD.

* (V/Bar On)/(V/Bar Off): allows you to turn the volume bar On or Off

* INI Volume: allows you adjust the initial turn-on volume from 0 to 30

* Contrast: allows you to adjust the display contrast from -5 to +40

* Flat/80Hz: allows you to choose 80Hz or full-range operation for the summed preamp outputs

* Panel Auto/Panel Manu: allows you to choose Panel Auto or Panel Manu. The Panel Auto setting automatically opens and closes the motorized face when you load or eject a CD. The Panel Manu setting allows the motorized face to remain open and CDs to be manually loaded or ejected.

* Aux 1 In: allows you to set the Aux input level to -6, 0, or +6

* Aux 2 In: allows you to set the Aux input level to -6, 0, or +6

Changer Controls

Compatibility: This unit will control Rockford Fosgate's RFX8810 8-disc CD changer. This unit is not compatible with Rockford Fosgate's RFX8601 6-disc CD changer.

Functions:

* Disc Selection: using the remote control or the D-ACC button on the front panel of the unit, you can directly access the CDs in the changer. In addition, you can skip up and down through the CDs.

* Track Selection: using the remote control or the T-ACC button on the front panel of the unit, you can directly access tracks. In addition, you can skip up and down through the tracks.

* Track Forward/Reverse: audible forward/reverse search playback

* Random Play: allows you to choose Track Random or Disc Random. When Track Random is selected, the unit plays the tracks on the selected disc in random order. When Disc Random is selected, the unit plays the tracks on all loaded discs in random order.

* Track Repeat: plays the current track repeatedly

* Track Scan: plays the first 10 seconds of each track on the selected disc

* Pause: allows you to pause CD playback

I gots a Termlab. You gots some $$ then we got some time. Pm me if your interested and ill give you my phone # so we can figure somethin out.

I am off on Sunday's and Monday's.. just let me know which day works with your schedule. I will drive there or to a location we can turn it up and get some Video while we are at it. PM me with your preferences.

Still looking for another set of 15" RFR2215's until then the system will be like this for this season..

You do have a set of RFR2215's, they are just RFR2212's right now. Rebuild those motors hotdog, you will never look back once you do it and you'll wonder why you never did it before. You can even save the dustcaps on those and reuse on the new woofers, them dustcaps come off pretty easy and the glue cleans up easily. Find two more 4-spoke 15" cast baskets and stronger/stiffer softparts with high roll surrounds with the old dustcaps, shit would be nice. I don't think you realize what you have there, and what you could potentially have there.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

You do have a set of RFR2215's, they are just RFR2212's right now. Rebuild those motors hotdog, you will never look back once you do it and you'll wonder why you never did it before. You can even save the dustcaps on those and reuse on the new woofers, them dustcaps come off pretty easy and the glue cleans up easily. Find two more 4-spoke 15" cast baskets and stronger/stiffer softparts with high roll surrounds with the old dustcaps, shit would be nice. I don't think you realize what you have there, and what you could potentially have there.

Sound like you have done a couple re-cones yourself. had a partial tear today on one of my 12" Subs, about 1/4 way round it the cone separated from the surround. I glued it back together though... Have to wait 24 hours before Ican bang on it again. I have some move vids coming up soon.

I ended up doing a 148db sealed at the dash @ 44hz... I was playing Show Stopper when the cone separated from the surround the I could not get past 145.7db then I looked in the mirror and saw the tear and stopped playing before it got worse.

get those videos up!

Will be working on it here in a bit... Thank you guys for your time. Guess I have more work to do to get that magic 150 :)

Archived