Sonic Electronix

i just tried the tuning of the gain on the amp, set the dmm to ac volts and ran the test tone 50hz, and the dmm rea 0.00 the whole time.... gah whats going on

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

7 cubes 32hz slot ported box

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

why are all the knobs in the same position?

i dunno where they shud be, besides the gain, BUT ITS NOT READING ANY AC VOLTS WHILE PLAYING MUSIC, gah so angry

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

where is your amp grounded out to i didnt have a good enough grounding point on mine and it wouldent turn on as well. also in your power and ground terminals make sure there is NO wire exposed even one little strand laying over the from the wrong terminal can either send your amp into protect or blow it compleatly

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

where is your amp grounded out to i didnt have a good enough grounding point on mine and it wouldent turn on as well. also in your power and ground terminals make sure there is NO wire exposed even one little strand laying over the from the wrong terminal can either send your amp into protect or blow it compleatly

the amp is grounded pretty close to the amp and to the cars chassy, i removed the remote bass and heard popping from the sub....

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg

i dunno where they shud be, besides the gain, BUT ITS NOT READING ANY AC VOLTS WHILE PLAYING MUSIC, gah so angry

its not reading any volts because the LPF is on 20hz. thats your problem. put it at about 11 o-clock position, which would let the amp output everything 80hz and down. put the subsonic at about 1 o-clock also.

tune your gains after those changes and it should work. im 99% sure this is the problem. if not, then its something else

Edited by Kranny

What r u talking about? I hope your not talking about wiring in seires? Cause thats what it seems like you just described, and won't "short" your sub out. It will give it a 4 ohm load.

X2

2-18" Fi Btls

2-RF T2500-1bd

box 14cu.ft after displacement tuned @ 32hz.

Socal Box Designer/builder

its not reading any volts because the LPF is on 20hz. thats your problem. put it at about 11 o-clock position, which would let the amp output everything 80hz and down. put the subsonic at about 1 o-clock also.

tune your gains after those changes and it should work. im 99% sure this is the problem. if not, then its something else

kk thanks, but i think u confused ureself, 11o clock for LPF and 1o clock for subsonic?

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Fi 18 BTL

AQ2200D

JL mids/highs

JL G-4500

Alpine CDA-105

Big 3 in 1/0

Soundstream 55ah front

Amptech 100ah rear

sig-1.jpg