Sonic Electronix

hey evryone my name is shawn and iv'e been doing an install in my 2002 chevy silverado for about two months now...jl 13 w7 d1.5 and a rockford fosgate power 10001bd amplifier..had a box around 1.5 cubic feet and it hit pretty good but knew it could go louder..built box just last week at 3.5 cubic feet and now flex's the windows and panels...wired in series by the way...but just wondering if anyone knows of thing that i can do to make even more louder?? :help:

any comments at all will help

Edited by bluebirdbusman

does the capicitor keep some power from getting to the amp??....do you know of anywhere in the cab that i can ground my amp to without having to run to the frame?

In short, a cap is a waste of money and doesn't help a system out. It can actually be worse on your battery.

And ground it on any metal, frame is the best though. Just sand down to metal if its on the body.

Edited by cfallsguy

Upgrade that 4g to 1/0, and there should be some good grounds anywhere behind plastic panels or what not. Just be sure to shave all the paint off the grounding location. Metal to metal is best :)

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Upgrade that 4g to 1/0, drop the cap, get the Big 3 done in 1/0 as well. If you're looking for an increase in SPL, look for something other than JL. I know lots of peeps on here hate them, but from what I've gathered they're just more of an SQ-oriented sub, where as something like a DD/AQ sub would lend better SPL.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt