Sonic Electronix

Does bass shake the brain?

Bass & the Brain  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Can you feel bass affecting your brain function during play?

• Yes
    • You're paranoid
    • No

yes it does but it has to be at a 7hz tone with a lot of amplitude and it will mess up your brain waves, and will kill you in seconds...but i highly doubt that anyone truck as that much amplitude and can play 7 hz that high....

SICK!!

Its not "7hz".

If you want to find the resonant frequency of your skull use a dial caliper (picture below) and measure the flex of your skull ;)

lathe_internal_groove_1.JPG

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Back to the story of the banjo playing neighbor shooting someone over loud music, why hadn't anyone shot the banjo player while he was playing banjo out in the middle of his yard?

because banjo's are fruity and not loud whatsoever. why would anyone wanna kill a hippie? as for bass, it's something you can't control even if you plug your ears, that's why

Dont know how credible this guy was but I did read a right up that a doctor did once about how he says bass is addicting. Supposedly the small part of the back of your brain that controls "fight or flight" he says that once it is loud enough to start shaking stuff your brain releases adrenalin and endorphins and this is why you get the high feeling from bass. I dont know if this true but I think its pretty safe to say that it does. If you are breaking stuff and moving metal and glass in your car then why wouldnt your brain be moving as well. Think about it this way when you are sitting at a light and you look at the stop lights as they are stretchiing out with the bass lol thats not the lights stretching thats your eye balls moving. Hopefully it doesnt mess with us to much long term though. The same doctor also says that it causes anger problems and depression later on in life. This study was done on the military though. I feel that its not the bass or deep sounds that they were hearing that messed them up it was more of the war itself. I know when I am in my car that I am not going to die from the bass, out there when you hear something that deep its a bomb going off beside you and that alone with screw with your head.

Just my 2 sents :rolleyes:

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

They say bass is an addiction im a firm believer on that one it does something to your brain and makes you crave it more and more

Current vehicle

91 Lincoln T.C.

2 18s trunk build coming soon

for now

2-12s ported in trunk

1000 watt kenwood amp

kenwood deck

18 inch rims

I say yes...... Blurs my vision. As far as brain function..... Any sound can distract you. Graph a function in a quiet room with no distractions. Graph a function at 147+ DB with blurred vision..... More than likely, I'd be willing to bet you'll find yourself in a trance. Rattling the brain.... Since the brain is surrounded by fluid, to some extent it has to be affected. Imagine a water bottle on the seat of a car... Granted there is likely a difference in viscosity of your brain fluid and less than that which is in a water bottle, but I'm willing to bet bass has an affect on cerebral fluid... But I do find myself in a trance more while I'm bumpin than not.... Best example of this that I can personally say is passing under a light and not remembering if the light was green.... I do it every now and then, but it hardly ever happens when I'm not at a moderate volume.

Haha, did that earlier. it freaked me out.

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

because banjo's are fruity and not loud whatsoever. why would anyone wanna kill a hippie? as for bass, it's something you can't control even if you plug your ears, that's why

I thought old back wood country folks played banjo's? Last time I saw a hippie playing a instrument it was a bong...

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Archived