Sundown Audio

Inside Pics Of Rockford Fosgate T40001bd?

protegeboom

welcome to the board nolimitz..

I picked up a refurb t10001, no problems whatsoever. Only thing I don't like is the power draw. I still need to get a second battery somewhere.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Which amp did you blow that much cash on?

And you must have been pissed.

Spl dynamics ext-3000d

AB Kick Ass period, but CIA engineering is there repair depo, and they SUCK, trust me.

American bass is a great company, but why does cia engeerning suck? I had them repair my mosfets because they where an authorized AB repair shop. If they suck, why would a company like AB stick with them as their repair shop and bring down their name.

Spl dynamics ext-3000d

American bass is a great company, but why does cia engeerning suck? I had them repair my mosfets because they where an authorized AB repair shop. If they suck, why would a company like AB stick with them as their repair shop and bring down their name.

I called them up, they switched from them to another company. I sent them an AM vfl 200.1 to fix In October of last year. I still have not gotten it back. Joe still has it, he siad that he cannot find the parts to put it back together yet.

If you know when some is BS you then you will know that these people are full of it.

It has been one bad thing till now.

Something has to give.

I agree there are several other good amp options other then RF but i never stated there wasnt... just wondering did you get a birthsheet with that 750x? i have the 801x from 03 and ive noticed the 03 amps seem to have lower birthsheets then similar 01 and 02 models (honestly they are pretty much all the same other then the birthsheet power ive seen)

about the reapir im saying they do what is nessicary to fix the amp. if all that is "blown" is the power supply mosfets then it doesnt make sense to replace the board does it? along the same lines you arent going to expect to get a completely new sub if all you need is a recone right. Its all going to depend on what exactly happened inside of your amp but if they need to replace the board im pretty sure they will (all the rf boards are made in the building over from the repair shop so its possible it could be replaced)

Do not have or remember the birth, besides how credible are birth sheets?

Someone mentioned UPS tossing stuff, this is true. They really do toss your stuff. Heres a ?; Are Rockford amps tested for vibration and shock?

If not, then this and the combination of shipping could have lead to the demise of my T4.

I should have just spent the Xtra money to get the new amp in store. I prob would have been more lucky.

id trust an rf birthsheet just like id trust a bench test... and i dont think the amps are tested for vibration and shock (maybe during pre production but i doubt for production amps)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I called them up, they switched from them to another company. I sent them an AM vfl 200.1 to fix In October of last year. I still have not gotten it back. Joe still has it, he siad that he cannot find the parts to put it back together yet.

If you know when some is BS you then you will know that these people are full of it.

It has been one bad thing till now.

Something has to give.

hahah... I bet they didnt have parts cuz my amp was in their getting fixed...... I fried alot of power supply mosfets.............. ROFL

Cia is who repaired my amp, thats why I asked. I had my amp back in 9 days and spent about a 100bucks with shipping (vs sending it back to finland to have it warrentied which would cost $250 each way for shipping), and even got spare mosfets. Joe claimed he put it in their demo vehicle for the weekend too and abused the hell out of the amp running it at .35 ohms and made sure everything was all burned in. Joe always responded to my emails asap, and they where really nice.

Do not have or remember the birth, besides how credible are birth sheets?

Someone mentioned UPS tossing stuff, this is true. They really do toss your stuff. Heres a ?; Are Rockford amps tested for vibration and shock?

If not, then this and the combination of shipping could have lead to the demise of my T4.

I should have just spent the Xtra money to get the new amp in store. I prob would have been more lucky.

I don't know about UPS but at fedex our highest conveyor is about 3 stories off the ground and i have seen boxes fall off it. So let say for the sake of argument that a box that fell off that conveyor was a amp i seriously doubt it would handle that shock. No matter if it was tested for shock resistance. I have seen people throw stuff around at work so i am going to say it prolly happens a lil everywhere. I mean my dad had UPS break a crank to a 427 chevy and that had to take some serious trying to break it, because that is no simple task.

It is possible you just got a lemon. Or they had a service annoucement on the punch and power amps from that lineup about when you put your wire into the inputs and outputs that making sure it didnt have loose wires , because the could get inside the amp and ground out on the board, and cause the amp to fail. That could have happened too.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

I don't know about UPS but at fedex our highest conveyor is about 3 stories off the ground and i have seen boxes fall off it. So let say for the sake of argument that a box that fell off that conveyor was a amp i seriously doubt it would handle that shock. No matter if it was tested for shock resistance. I have seen people throw stuff around at work so i am going to say it prolly happens a lil everywhere. I mean my dad had UPS break a crank to a 427 chevy and that had to take some serious trying to break it, because that is no simple task.

It is possible you just got a lemon. Or they had a service annoucement on the punch and power amps from that lineup about when you put your wire into the inputs and outputs that making sure it didnt have loose wires , because the could get inside the amp and ground out on the board, and cause the amp to fail. That could have happened too.

so i should hope to god that my subs on the way dont go to any of the bigger shipping places?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Archived