hard drive to cd player?

some decks have limits to the size of drive you can hook up to them, most cant be hooked up to portable hard drives, just flash drives

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

thats what im asking tho. i see in some pples sigs that they have hardrives hooked up to there headunits. not small flash drives but big 30gb hard drives. i want to be able to do that too. i just dont kno how i would go about doing it. would i need a specific headunit? as long as it is a good headunit that would work with a hard drive im open to buying any one i need. someone explain what all i would need to do this? im getting ready to start a build in my truck and iwant to start off with a good headunit and be able to not have to buy or burn new cds weekley when i over play one and a headunit with a hard drive would be perfect for me.

thats what im asking tho. i see in some pples sigs that they have hardrives hooked up to there headunits. not small flash drives but big 30gb hard drives. i want to be able to do that too. i just dont kno how i would go about doing it. would i need a specific headunit? as long as it is a good headunit that would work with a hard drive im open to buying any one i need. someone explain what all i would need to do this? im getting ready to start a build in my truck and iwant to start off with a good headunit and be able to not have to buy or burn new cds weekley when i over play one and a headunit with a hard drive would be perfect for me.

Get yourself a 30 gig Ipod and one of these and call it a day

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-USB-to-3-5mm-Audio...=item2a0499e1a9

get a deck that hooks up to a ipod, get a 80gb ipod an keep it in the glove box

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

you don't have to limit yourself to radios with just ipod connections. most radios now that have usb ports will support portable drives that are also music players. for example i hate ipod so i have a 30 gig cowon and two 20 gig iriver players /harddrives and my alpine 9886 reads em all fine. my jvc 810 dvd player will only read the twenty gig ones. i also had a power acoustik dvd player that had no problems with my harddrive players. i also randomly go into audio stores and ask to see the different models and see how they react to my players and most all of em play with no problem. my suggestion is to do that because even though most players will read most any drive, the way they display the info is always different and you might not like the way the info is displayed to you. oh well hope it helps. for those wondering why i got the other players it's because unlike ipod and zunes there is no programs to install just drag and drop your music the way you want it and it plays.

Archived