Sonic Electronix

I plan on doing the big 3 to my truck in the next couple of days and i plan on using voodoo 0 gauge wire or if it suks let me know since i have not bought it yet.

My question is does anybody have any experience with this type of truck like for my grounds where is a good place to do the Engine block to chassis ground? Also my negative on my battery will attach to this same spot on the chassis right? or toa different spot on the chassis.

Then my alternator positive to my battery postive will i absolutely have to have it fused even with this voodoo 0 gauge since its kind of close to my battery.

I am running a 1200 rms audioque amp (120ampfuse), alternator is stock 160amp, highs are 400 rms amp(40ampfuse).

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

I plan on doing the big 3 to my truck in the next couple of days and i plan on using voodoo 0 gauge wire or if it suks let me know since i have not bought it yet.

My question is does anybody have any experience with this type of truck like for my grounds where is a good place to do the Engine block to chassis ground? Also my negative on my battery will attach to this same spot on the chassis right? or toa different spot on the chassis.

Then my alternator positive to my battery postive will i absolutely have to have it fused even with this voodoo 0 gauge since its kind of close to my battery.

I am running a 1200 rms audioque amp (120ampfuse), alternator is stock 160amp, highs are 400 rms amp(40ampfuse).

when I do the big 3 i use the same ground for the battery and the engine block. I own 2 2nd gen blazers so i just use the bolt on the back of the alt its self. On my alts there is a random bolt on the top back of the alt so its very easy. I never have fused the wire from the alt (+) to (+) battery post but have thought about it a few times. I don't think a fuse would hurt just in case.

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

when I do the big 3 i use the same ground for the battery and the engine block. I own 2 2nd gen blazers so i just use the bolt on the back of the alt its self. On my alts there is a random bolt on the top back of the alt so its very easy. I never have fused the wire from the alt (+) to (+) battery post but have thought about it a few times. I don't think a fuse would hurt just in case.

My alternator has a bolt on it that says GROUND on it and it looks random like i could put a bolt on it with wire. My question is will this be one of my big 3, specifically my 'engine block to chassis ground' i just have to find the chassis part right? where will that be? Also can i run this same spot with another wire down to my battery negative for my other big 3 or will i have to run my negative battery to the chassis part not the alternator ground? Thanks.

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Does anybody know where i can find the cheapest good quality 0 gauge ring terminals since i want to do the big 3 now in 0 gauge but i want to connect the wire to my battery using ring terminals its just that they are very expensive.

Go to your local shop, if they are anything above $0.80, then look online. I know KnuKonceptz has some for $1.75, but my local shop sells them for $0.65

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I found my 0-gauge ring terminals on ebay a pack of 10 for $13.95.

The best 0-gauge I found is www.knukonceptz.com . It's 1.75 a foot for klmx.

2001 Southern Comfort Suburban sittin on 26"s

Eclipse 6620 double din head unit (2004 dash mod)

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

8-Cadence 6.5 midbass 4- in each door.

Image Dynamics Cd 1 pro HLCD

4-runs of KnuKoncepts 1/0 power wire

4-DC AUDIO lvl 4 xl 18"s in a wall

2-MECHMAN 270 AMP alternators(2 more on the way)xs power VCM

7-Deka intimidator group 31 batts(soon to be Xs power)

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

1-Rockford Fosgate 360.2(operated by Palm tungsten T5)My link

My alternator has a bolt on it that says GROUND on it and it looks random like i could put a bolt on it with wire. My question is will this be one of my big 3, specifically my 'engine block to chassis ground' i just have to find the chassis part right? where will that be? Also can i run this same spot with another wire down to my battery negative for my other big 3 or will i have to run my negative battery to the chassis part not the alternator ground? Thanks.

I wouldnt use my alternator to ground......does your Yukon have a 5.3L.......it probably does.....if you are standing at the front of the car looking at the engine look at the alternator......follow the 8 ga alternator wire down......it should go to a red box(you use it if you are going to jump someones car) there is a bolt that holds that red box on to the block........all the grounds should be on the drivers side right by the bumper bracket.........there is room there to make all of your ground connections.......

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

Instead of creating a new post i decided it was better to just finish off this one with one last question relating to 0 gauge ring terminals.

I was wondering if there is a difference and if so which should i go with on 20 ring terminals for my knu fleks 0 gauge that i heard is more like 2/0 gauge, the all copper ones that i can get for 1.25 each, or the gold plated rings which i can get for 1.35 each.

Please let me know which one has less resistance and better and also since i have the knu fleks should i just get 2/0 gauge terminals instead of 1/0. Thanks.