DC Sound Lab

Level 5 power handling???

Well depending on your coil setup, you are either going to waste your time buying another amp, or you are going to be running half power of the first amp until the second one is purchased.

What do you mean? This will be the first time I have ever strapped an amp

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

What do you mean? This will be the first time I have ever strapped an amp

Neither have I, but I've read a lot on here including basically everything you've been asking.

WHen you have your first amp, you'll get, say, a dual 2 ohm sub and run your first amp at 1 ohm. OK

Then, when you get your second amp, you'd basically be running each amp to a voice coil of sub so each amp would be running at 2 ohms. Kind of a waste.

The best way to do it, I guess, would be what I said before. Run the first amp at .5 ohm and then when you got the second you could strap them at 1 ohm each (with a dual 1 ohm sub). That is if those amps can run fine at .5 and you have the electrical to back it up.

I don't see the point, though.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

just get an xl or lvl4 and you'll be happy

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

these threads get hella hold! there is Alot of ppl on this site that have and are throwing quite a bit of power to em, thats y they have that lil button at the top that says search, its there for ya to search the forum to find your answers ;)

getting old is an understatement. we should make a thread and have it sticked for the top 10 FAQ of SMD

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

This guy can't decide what he wants to do so he just makes a new thread every other day.

First he wants 2 18" lvl 4s, then he wants a lvl 4 xl, now a lvl 5.

Cant decide if he wants a Hifonics Goliath, a 2610, 2 AQ 1200ds, a 2200D or about 10 others.

And every one of these comes with a new thread.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

getting old is an understatement. we should make a thread and have it sticked for the top 10 FAQ of SMD

Really though, even if you put all T/S info on there for EVERY sub we've encountered, we'd still get this question. It really just takes some reading and a little experience and you can do whatever you want.

But the thread is a good idea nonetheless.

Plus back in the day when I asked this my thread got locked. :dry:

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=67345

like uhoh said, with that power you will better off with a XL. I happen to be selling some :D

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

This guy can't decide what he wants to do so he just makes a new thread every other day.

First he wants 2 18" lvl 4s, then he wants a lvl 4 xl, now a lvl 5.

Cant decide if he wants a Hifonics Goliath, a 2610, 2 AQ 1200ds, a 2200D or about 10 others.

And every one of these comes with a new thread.

x2 all of this, he's sorta like another cxman30

I'm sorry guys. Its just a habit to look stuff up and ask about it I guess. I think I just need to lay off posting for AWHILE and just start reading more.

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)