Service Engine Light Came On

nah, the seafoam wont hurt it at all. I do it once a yr to my vehicle

once a year is pretty good or should it be done more often?

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

if it wasnt against the law to do that, i would open a repair shop also... i mean, your service engine light comes on and they say you need new tires and an allignment! now thats what im talking about, make sure they top off your bumper fluid and blinker oil. LOL :shok:

:D

OP...take it to Autozone and run the check engine code or ask the dealer for it. As for your exhaust, let me get this right, you have holes in the pipes and they are telling you that exhaust is not getting to your muffler and this is harmful for the engine? LoL. Do you have any exhaust at all coming out your muffler. If not, then yes you have a problem, clogged cat, but..well here read.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/exhaust_backpressure.htm

I cant see how holes in your exhaust would cause you engine problems.

Edit: just saw you said that the exhaust wasn't the problem..then what was the check engine problem? lol

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

My car used to not idle good in the mornings the first time i would start it for the day and i would have to rev it. This was after my system was in for awhile then i did the big three and never had a problem since. That tells me it was somethin electrical i guess.

My check engine light came on one time and i panicked and thought it was my alt. I knew it had to be. But come to find out it was the gas i put in there. After i ran that tank out it went off and never came back on.

I dont think it comes on from the alt but i was still scared

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

once a year is pretty good or should it be done more often?

nah 1 time a yr should be plenty it wouldnt hurt if say u wanted to do it right when spring hits and once fall ends.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

also u could be pulling too much from ur electrical system. I had this problem alot of stuttering n the engine, come to find out my spark plugs that i just replaced 3 months before that went bad, i had no big three and no extra battery. i got a battery and havent had a problem since even though i really want to get the big three dome but its too cold out for that.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

:D

OP...take it to Autozone and run the check engine code or ask the dealer for it. As for your exhaust, let me get this right, you have holes in the pipes and they are telling you that exhaust is not getting to your muffler and this is harmful for the engine? LoL. Do you have any exhaust at all coming out your muffler. If not, then yes you have a problem, clogged cat, but..well here read.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/exhaust_backpressure.htm

I cant see how holes in your exhaust would cause you engine problems.

Edit: just saw you said that the exhaust wasn't the problem..then what was the check engine problem? lol

yea imma ask the dealer for the codes...the check engine problem was the sensors/belts/needed a tune up which i believe totally because my engine was acting up lately

My car used to not idle good in the mornings the first time i would start it for the day and i would have to rev it. This was after my system was in for awhile then i did the big three and never had a problem since. That tells me it was somethin electrical i guess.

My check engine light came on one time and i panicked and thought it was my alt. I knew it had to be. But come to find out it was the gas i put in there. After i ran that tank out it went off and never came back on.

I dont think it comes on from the alt but i was still scared

SAME THING HAPPENED TOO....i thought it was my alternator too, so i would drive around bumpin, then park it on my driveway, then the next morning it didnt start on a fully cold engine. It started if i didnt play the system the night before but ever since the checklight came on (thursday night) it did it without me having anything on at all (havent heard bass since wednesday). It hasnt ever not started before i had my system put in, so idk if its related, ill have to find out, but my voltage at idle was at 12.6, so no reason why its the alternator or batteries....all i know is that tomorrow, i expect a much quieter engine, no check light and my acceleration to be fixed, ill do the seafoam when it gets warmer outside

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

This thread making anyone else hungry for some citrus-marinated seafood aka Seviche? hehe

random :01nocomment8so:

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Archived