Service Engine Light Came On

So i went today to pick up the car...payed $881 :diablo:, i started it, started a lot better, so i was happy. The belts were moving, much much better and pretty much zero noise coming from them, EXCEPT the clunking sound is still coming from the car. So i thought it was just the exhaust thing so i drove off and about 2 minutes later, the engine light came back on...........FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk, u have no idea how pissed i was. I went back and talked to them, they said, we'll find the problem and wont charge you anything for it, so i got a lil better, but i still have no car :(...idk if these guys are good or not, i mean my dad had a maxima took it up to 400k miles taking it to these guys, so they sound legit, but idk. I cannot wait till i take mechanical classes at the community college here so i can say fuck car repair places in general

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

You gonna go to Parkland? I took collision repair classes there.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

You gonna go to Parkland? I took collision repair classes there.

yea, imma go there...nice dude!!!! a buddie of mine fixed my bumper for me, he is in the collision repair school there, his name is chris, maybe u know him.

OK so this is the strangest shit i ever encountered. The guy called back and told me that the spark plugs were not on their tight enough, so he said its fine now, and surely enough it was, no clunking sound, no rough acceleration, no engine light :clapping: ....i am happy/pissed at the same time, but at least its workin, now for a car wash (which i thought they would do for free, but they didnt)....the guys there said that they've seen maxima's in my year go far, they said im taking good care of it and my motor is running almost like new so that was good to hear

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Lmao, not once did you bother checking the code! I'd be so pissed if I was the one who wrote post #2:

Having to give it gas to get it going sounds like the fuel pump

Autozone/Kragen should be able to pull the codes for free then you take the codes and go on the net and see what they mean...any shop can do this

With my car I have it built in so I can pull the codes myself through the dash and clear them

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Lmao, not once did you bother checking the code! I'd be so pissed if I was the one who wrote post #2:

ok dude, engine light went out last thurs at like midnight, friday morning before school, I called the nissan dealer to schedule service, they said monday morning was the only day they were free, from 930 am fri to about 11 at night, i had school/work, plus i didnt drive the car at all, sat morning, i woke up to drive the car to autozone before work, car didnt start after numerous attempts...from 9-6, i worked, then came home to take the car to autozone, car didnt start after numerous attempts. Sunday, I worked, car didnt start again. Monday morning, the car (barely) started (prolly cuz it was 35 degrees outside, the weekend was cold, so i took it to service it to get it running again.... Name one way that i couldve taken it to autozone? I was going to listen to Post #2, but that never happened...car runs like new now *knock on the wood*, now me and my buddie are gonna see what we are gonna do about this exhaust, stock or racing, we dont know.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

yea, imma go there...nice dude!!!! a buddie of mine fixed my bumper for me, he is in the collision repair school there, his name is chris, maybe u know him.

Probably not. It's been a few years.

I lived in Champaign/Urbana for about 4 years. Started out at the U of I and went to Parkland for a few years. My wife got her RN from Parkland as well.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

Probably not. It's been a few years.

I lived in Champaign/Urbana for about 4 years. Started out at the U of I and went to Parkland for a few years. My wife got her RN from Parkland as well.

u of i is a great school, i am trying to transfer there for the sports medicine school there, but i heard they are cancelling :(, i just wanna take auto classes as a hobby u know what i mean? But parkland is a good school to go to, lol whats an RN, im kinda a noob

I love the service engine soon light had it come on twice in 2 weeks after they replaced the injecter the 2nd time it kicked they discovered that one cylander had lower compression so the next day I took it back and traded it off

sorry dude :(, i hope that doesnt happen to me, but i noticed this car running like new, i would be surprised to see it come on again soon

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

u of i is a great school, i am trying to transfer there for the sports medicine school there, but i heard they are cancelling :(, i just wanna take auto classes as a hobby u know what i mean? But parkland is a good school to go to, lol whats an RN, im kinda a noob

sorry dude :(, i hope that doesnt happen to me, but i noticed this car running like new, i would be surprised to see it come on again soon

honestly I didnt really care it came down to the fact that they wont loan you money to fix your car but they will to get a new one also had I fixed it I still would have had a 2002 Silverado with a 4.3 V6 and almost 100,000 miles

Archived