Sonic Electronix

installing a second battery does harm?

if it is the old school 250m , then it retailed for $759 us in 1996 . its rated at 250wrms @4ohms and 500 @ 2ohms but acutual is about 700@ 2ohms.

i dont think it is the truck is a 97 idk why it would have a 96 amp if it is?

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Damn alt first? cuz im a broke ass mofo. and wtf im only running 250 watts and my voltage drops like no other at sometimes cand someone explain that?

You have voltage drop most likley because you are running stock grounds in your engine bay. They are not big enough for the amount of juice you are trying to pump through them... so replace the engine block ground, the frame ground, and also the + alt wire. Which is called the big three.

You have voltage drop most likley because you are running stock grounds in your engine bay. They are not big enough for the amount of juice you are trying to pump through them... so replace the engine block ground, the frame ground, and also the + alt wire. Which is called the big three.

x2

check all the grounds(for the amp, the battery,...). Even if you don't do the big 3.

Something is going bad with the grounds, because this is not enough power at all to have voltage drops.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

x2

check all the grounds(for the amp, the battery,...). Even if you don't do the big 3.

Something is going bad with the grounds, because this is not enough power at all to have voltage drops.

THIS.

Double check the ground at the amp, make sure it's of decent size. I've seen tards wire grounds on 500w amps with speaker wire.

Also. dunno if it was mentioned, check the LENGTH of the amp ground too why your at it. It should be as short as possible.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

THIS.

Double check the ground at the amp, make sure it's of decent size. I've seen tards wire grounds on 500w amps with speaker wire.

Also. dunno if it was mentioned, check the LENGTH of the amp ground too why your at it. It should be as short as possible.

People wire their grounds with speaker wire size? Wtf? Why would they do that?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

each battery you add needs about 10 amps extra just to float it. the issue comes in where you drain that battery down (too much draw, not enough amps from alt) and the alt works double hard to charge both batteries and play the system and keep the car working.

H.O. alt FIRST

batteries SECOND

caps if you compete in sq and need to smooth out some ripples, otherwise their useless

That is not accurate.

Not every battery need 10A to charge.

It depends on battery charge level, battery size, and battery type, and manufacturing quality.

XS Power batts are AGM batteries and have a much lower ESR than wet cell batteries, this makes them easier to charge.

I recommend first choosing your amplifiers, then choosing the proper battery setup to power those amps, then choose an alternator capable of charging those batts properly.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

i dont think it is the truck is a 97 idk why it would have a 96 amp if it is?

because someone bought an amp that was older than the truck and installed it? its not like it came like that from factory

because someone bought an amp that was older than the truck and installed it? its not like it came like that from factory

No shit...

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

x2

Im going to check the grounds this weekend becuase it takes to long to take my seat out. If it is grounded to the sheet metal im going to move it to the frame.

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

AudioQue HDC3 15"

If you wanna run a second battery cuz a ho alt is too much money then put a 80a fuse in line with the wire from your alt or batt in front to the 2nd batt and your alt should be able to keep them charged of your running a smaller batt. Im running two batts in my jeep with 4 gauge and a 60a fuse from the front batt to the back batt and my alt keeps them charged just fine and my alt is stock.

1998 Jeep Wrangler Tj Sport 4.0L

Headunit:Pioneer AVIC-N2

Front Speakers:Boston 746

Rear Speakers:Boston CX-6

Speaker Amp:Kenwood KAC-526

Subwoofer:Kicker Free Air Competition 8inch

Subwoofer Amp:Kenwood KAC-428s

Wiring:Stinger 4&8 Gauge, Rockford Fosgate 16G

Big3 in 4 guage stinger and two 8 gauge stinger wire

Rockford Fosgate Battery Terminals,Connections and Distro Block

Rockford Fosgate Signal Cables

*UPGRADE COMING SOON ONCE SUBS AND AMPS ARE DECIDED*