Sonic Electronix

if itll fit, ya id love to do an 18. might be able to do an XL and a hifonics 2k, bump the batt up to a 2400. that would kill the JL 12"s but wont sound as good as the origional list. hopefuly this guy has time to meet up today and talk about this. see what he really wants.

Do this and show him, maby he find or can see what he can get. And to the thing to charge more than 300! What do u think how long do u work on this and is it a friend or is it a guy.

If its a friend the charge is ok, but is it a guy...? Boxbuilding, boxnicing, wiering, placing speakers, connecting headunit, the in and out, maby a vew damping, searchin arround with him, than

u r quickly arround 50 hours and over. Than is the first song u can play on the System "Swing Low, sweet chario".

Something other what do u think for mids and higs MB-Quarts and on dBr they have refurbished Sundown amps like a Saz 1200 B-Stock for 210.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Save $60-ish

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ALPINE-CDA-9887-CA...=item3efca8f991

Save you $40-ish

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boston-Acou...5fAudioQ5fVideo

Save you $30

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-PDX-2-150-CAR-A...=item53df5025cb

I'm too lazy to look up more. But you could probaly get everything from ebay and get that under $2000

You need to figure out what you're workin with. If you are workin with a '09 accord you can fit some cubes in it. If you're working with an 09' coupe civic, you're limited to 3- 4 cubes unless you want to build the box inside of the trunk. Not to mention on the coupes, with a 15'' tall box, you're limited to 25 inches in width if that. The conclusion I came to is a 15'' sub really isn't the way to go in a civic coupe. A 14'' tall box allows you to make it 30''+ wide

On that note, 2 12s, 2 10s, 4 8s or if you got the skill, 3 10s would be the way to go. Hondas flex like no other. They will require some serious deadening for maximum efficiency. You won't only need deadening, but if you're working with a civic coupe you need to fill the voids of the rear quarters in both the trunk and the back seat. You can choose to fill it with expanding foam, poly fil, or even closed cell foam... But you can't avoid it...

On the civic coupe, or sedan, you will need to include an additional $60 just for the dash kit, antenna adapter, and power adapter. However, if you're not going to use aftermarket speakers you'd be better off with a LOC off the stock deck, amplifier, and speakers.

If you're spending $2000, don't buy mismatched amps....

If dude running the three jl 12'' subs is in a sealed box, I'm willing to bet a nice pair of 10s off 1500 watts in a ported box will blow away the 12s in any rap song, and likely have better SQ on rock too...

I currently have 2 Digital Designs 10s off 1000 watts and they get down. For the amount of cone area and power I have in the system, I'm really happy with them.

For the average listener too, just throw in a set of Coaxs for the rear deck.

Do this and show him, maby he find or can see what he can get. And to the thing to charge more than 300! What do u think how long do u work on this and is it a friend or is it a guy.

If its a friend the charge is ok, but is it a guy...? Boxbuilding, boxnicing, wiering, placing speakers, connecting headunit, the in and out, maby a vew damping, searchin arround with him, than

u r quickly arround 50 hours and over. Than is the first song u can play on the System "Swing Low, sweet chario".

Something other what do u think for mids and higs MB-Quarts and on dBr they have refurbished Sundown amps like a Saz 1200 B-Stock for 210.

haha :lol: your a funny guy.

i just really want to hear some bostons lol. ive been looking over db-r's site too. i know they do great work.

he is a friend of a friend. the reason im not charging more is because he is fine with letting me build it slowly when i have free time. i also plan on putting him to work to take some of the work load. if he doesnt want to help ill charge a bit more. sealing the trunk will cost more. anything more than a basic carpet covering on the box will cost more, etc., etc.

Save $60-ish

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ALPINE-CDA-9887-CA...=item3efca8f991

Save you $40-ish

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boston-Acou...5fAudioQ5fVideo

Save you $30

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-PDX-2-150-CAR-A...=item53df5025cb

I'm too lazy to look up more. But you could probaly get everything from ebay and get that under $2000

oh ya, no worries, ill be all over ebay and talking directly to dealers and company owners to get the best prices.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

not sure if said above why not take his 2k get him some aq stuff and in the long run you get to keep more money for your self ;] like 2 of the beefy ass 10's off of a 3500 or the 2200

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

not sure if said above why not take his 2k get him some aq stuff and in the long run you get to keep more money for your self ;] like 2 of the beefy ass 10's off of a 3500 or the 2200

the 2200 is another $100 more than the hifonics 2k. i havent used AQ subs to know what i can do with them. im looking at RE, DC, FI and AA.

sadly i wont be able to experiment with his car so i need to get it right the 1st time. thats why i want to stick with subs that i know.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

the 2200 is another $100 more than the hifonics 2k. i havent used AQ subs to know what i can do with them. im looking at RE, DC, FI and AA.

sadly i wont be able to experiment with his car so i need to get it right the 1st time. thats why i want to stick with subs that i know.

AQ amps are proven... And so much better than maxxsonics products. Use AQ amps and RE, DC, FI, or AA....

you guys are talking about $1k just in the sub stage. now i know thats how we all do it but that leaves little room for the rest of the system. after tax, shipping, wiring, box, my install charge, that only leaves 400-500 for battery, comp set, HU, amp. he may be able to afford more since we will be slowly building this but i think we need to save more money on the sub stage.

I've hope you've seen the car trunk if its an accord man, that trunk is a pain to deal with because it has ridges in it for who the hell knows why. I know this because i have a system i installed in my 08 accord. There's absolutley no way you can put the box in all the way in the back without it angling on the ridges, and thats no good because then you have the woofers pointed down and depending the weight of what subs you get, it'll push the box foward and onto the woofers when he's driving. I have 2 12" Fi Qs and those are fairly heavy speakers, so about 60lbs pushed the box foward. What i ended up doing was adding an L bracket to the box and hinging it to the trunk so it would hold it in place. Works great, maybe i can get you some pictures IF its an accord you're dealing with, hopefully you can seal up the trunk though. And if its an accord...wait until you see how you remove that stock radio out to swap for an aftermarket, the most awkward way to get to a radio ever.

Also, i'd like to chime in that the accords electrical system kind of sucks :( knowing that i have one, you'd think that the 100A alt could supply enough power to the system and everything else. But i had a 1200W amp powering those Q's, and it dimmed the hell out of my lights, and killed a cell in the stock battery. This was all stock equipment, so no big 3 or anything like that, but i hope that kinetik that help the system out.

Archived