Sonic Electronix

Well after reading some literature on my wiring set up, I cannot remove the head unit out of my G37, meaning I have to tap the connections into the stock amp which is located beneath the back seat.

Now I have never used quick connectors in my life, nor have I cut into an RCA, but what I need to do is quick connect the + and - lead of my stock amp into a double rca, which will be twisted into positive and negative, and then from there it's easy as hell.

So my question simply, how do quick connectors work, and what does the inside of an audio rca look like?

I would solder... especially with a signal cable...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

the factory hu doesnt use rca's or a low level output. you need an amp with a high voltage input to use the wires running from the factory hu. that or a LOC then run your rca from that.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

the factory hu doesnt use rca's or a low level output. you need an amp with a high voltage input to use the wires running from the factory hu. that or a LOC then run your rca from that.

I don't need that, the factory just split the rca into 2 leads to feed into the stock amp. So by tapping that I get rca, tapping the signal wire I get that, and then I just run my power from the battery up front. And I'm running a strong amp power acoustic A3000DB (2300 watts rms) feeding into a single level 5 12".

ive never heard of a factory system doing that... but if you're sure.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ive never heard of a factory system doing that... but if you're sure.

Its a bose amp, people on the g37 forums have just straight tapped that to either a single rca and used a y-splitter or used a double rca and twisted the postives and negative and wired it up that way.

Have you used quick connects?

Use a high quality LOC at that, crappy quality LOCs will fuck up your signal hardcore. The one I have laying in the floor of my garage clipped the hell out of my signal to the point you couldn't use the gain or boost controls or it'd shut off. I used a set of MTX High-level-to-RCA converter that came with my amp to connect it and it works like a charm.

I have an extra set of those BTW.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

Use a high quality LOC at that, crappy quality LOCs will fuck up your signal hardcore. The one I have laying in the floor of my garage clipped the hell out of my signal to the point you couldn't use the gain or boost controls or it'd shut off. I used a set of MTX High-level-to-RCA converter that came with my amp to connect it and it works like a charm.

I have an extra set of those BTW.

Hmm I think I'll listen to you guys and get a line out converter. Now how do I connect a two channel converter to the positive and negative?