Second Skin Audio

Bye Bye 18, nice knowing you!!!

Finally shipped, and goneeeee!!!! been here a little to long

CC, you should finally see this thing in 4 business days.

Anyone who doesn't know, Ground Zero 8 layer motor, 4" coil. I got my hands on some 8 layer 4 layer coils, some beasts of coils. Dual 0.5ohm, bifilar 17.5g, 2.5" winding width, triple 9.125" spiders, with custom machined spider clamp, bolted down so these spiders will go no where!

This was definitely a fun project, some things took to long, like getting the coils, and the clamp machined, and the custom PSi dome Scott hooked you up with

CC, the package was very well made, I must say I spent about 3hrs on it today! 2x4"s 1x6" and ply wood bracing, and mounting, good luck getting it out though!

Lets see how this thing will handle that beast of an amp you got.....

pics

DSCN1706.jpg

ideas

DSCN1705.jpg

DSCN1707.jpg

decided on the more flexible design of the 6 spoke 18" frame

DSCN1634.jpg

the coil

DSCN1825.jpg

DSCN1749.jpg

DSCN1826.jpg

DSCN1827.jpg

bolt tight spider clamp- absolute sickness here

DSCN1828.jpg

DSCN1834.jpg

assembly

DSCN1836.jpg

DSCN1837.jpg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

DSCN1839.jpg

DSCN1840.jpg

DSCN1844.jpg

DSCN1842.jpg

8 gauge direct leads

DSCI0001.jpg

Fuck it!

DSCI0003.jpg

done

DSCI0002.jpg

package

done

There is a video of it, I was going to post, but Youtube just happen to be "performing maintenance"

edit:

these pics I took today with the dates on them, are totally wrong, step daughters digi cam, she never set it I guess

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

sweet, and yea youtube is always down when we need to upload stuff isn't it

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

Dust cap courtesy of Ssacket and PSI- Dave

sundown.jpg

wat was that sub rated for?

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

I see you using that 3M DP420 :ph34r: I finally landed a tube of it, should be here soon for my kevlar beast. (then black silicone for the dustcap, right?)

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

conservative would be 3000rms, the coil is a monster, and the motor is well built

but CC is going to use a much larger amp on it-

sundown.jpg

I see you using that 3M DP420 :ph34r: I finally landed a tube of it, should be here soon for my kevlar beast. (then black silicone for the dustcap, right?)

You can use the 420 for the cap if its a paper based, I forgot what dome I sent with that, if its poly, you will want a more of a rubber based glue

I have some if you need some ;-)

sundown.jpg

LOL very cool 18 incher you made there! :shok:

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png