Jump to content

tejcurrent Rebuild- * new pics page 11


Recommended Posts

Posted

you get that bracket made?

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

Posted

Still working on it- I'm helping with my cousins build right now, but I plan on having it ready to machine Monday if it does't rain too much.

The Powermaster VCM arrived today :)

VCM1-1.jpg

VCM2-1.jpg

VCM3-1.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I need time to finish the bracket, and I've been searching for a center console. I'm not going chop my factory one so I can return it to factory condition when I sell, but I want to do some work.

I had an extra gallon of Second Skin Spectrum that ended up coating A LOT. More than I expected. I was tired of the road noise from my front tires, so I removed the plastic fender well cover. I put 5 coats in the wells themselves, with 4 coats on the inside of the plastic and 2 more on the outside. So the wells themselves should have about 11 coats worth of deadener.

I also saw how ghetto my rear hatch looked with the dozen cans of expanding foam oozing out, so I put 2 coats of primer then 2 coats of Spectrum on the inside of those panels. They should stop squeaking now when I put them back on.

I had enough left over to put 2 coats on my vehicles frame, at least the portion from tire to tire that's now visible without the sidesteps. It rained, so panels are drying in the garage. The weather didn't permit good pics so I'll update tomorrow.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Posted

Stripped the tire wells and and coated. Wired things down to 1 ohm :santa:

spectrum1.jpg

spectrum3.jpg

spectrum2.jpg

spectrum7.jpg

spectrum6.jpg

spectrum5.jpg

spectrum4.jpg

spectrum8.jpg

spectrum9.jpg

Thanks Austin for crawling in there, I did quite a bit but it's always a big help to have a skinny friend :D

spectrum10.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Posted

Yes, I bought the amp from Bob and let it sit for almost a year. I've run it for < 2 months so far but it's worked really great. My rise with my last box was a best of 4.6 ohms, but I still clamped 46-4700 some watts or something like that. I had no O-scope but it's good enough reference for me anyway.

My wife wants a dual stroller since we have another kid due in June, so having a port big enough to roll the new stroller in should allow me to use both subs and still carry baby stuff. The stroller is about 8 x 20 when collapsed, so I figure an extra few inches will make it easy to get in and out.

Anyway, build pics coming up in a minute, I'm resizing as we speak.

Who says you cant have a big giant ear shattering box and still have some storage

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Posted

I thought I was the only person to use their port as storage when you need it lol...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Posted

Stripped the tire wells and and coated. Wired things down to 1 ohm :santa:

spectrum1.jpg

spectrum3.jpg

spectrum2.jpg

spectrum7.jpg

spectrum6.jpg

spectrum5.jpg

spectrum4.jpg

spectrum8.jpg

spectrum9.jpg

Thanks Austin for crawling in there, I did quite a bit but it's always a big help to have a skinny friend :D

spectrum10.jpg

lol, I'm sitting here with the wife and she said that the stroller storage idea is the shit!!!! way to go man, looks sweet!!!

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

  • 2 months later...
Posted

Been too long since I updated. I still need to get the bracket machined, I made some modifications that will make things better though:

2 1/4" plates instead of one thick one allows me to place things better. I'm a test fit away from making it.

bracket1.jpg

bracket4.jpg

bracket3.jpg

bracket2.jpg

My alpine single din went up. I bought 2 used 7" flip-outs from this forum, one of which was damaged when I received it, the other I didn't use and was damaged when it arrived to the guy who bought from me :(

I'm still fighting Fedex for his refund, and it's been weeks.

I bought a double-din and did a dash swap with an 06 truck. It was a bit of work but I got it in there in about 3-4 hours.

Basically buy the black pocket that houses the cd player and a/c controls, and the dash bezel.

Then remove the 4 bolts and 2 rivets holding the old one in the dash.

Cut the metal bracing that supports the dash- it gets in the way of the double din's depth.

Trim the left corner of the black pocket to fit.

I had to paint the dash to match mine, taping it off and painting was just tedious.

Then just put some spacers, like 3/8" in the bottom two corners, then 2 more behind the a/c controls.

Not my truck in the before pic, I had an alpine but I can't find a good picture.

Before:

8496770033_large.jpg

After:

New_dash_1.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Posted

Today I decided instead of doing the alt work I'd finish the interior work. Really a quick thing, but I was trying to figure out a place for the XSPower VCM. I couldn't find smoked plexi, so I had to improvise.

I want to return this vehicle to factory when I sell it, so I bought the dash piece for the console tape-deck area:

console_1.jpg

Scuffed up the back side:

console_2.jpg

Hot-glued some dowel rods- it sounds crappy but it holds very very well. I couldn't pull it off, I had to use a knife to cut and pry to even get some loose. I basically wanted to build up the edges to have something to attach to.

console_5.jpg

console_6.jpg

I bought some tail light paint, coated some 1/8" lexan.

console_4.jpg

console_3.jpg

I test-glued some plexi. I had to cut it off- it holds as well to it as anything else. I was really amazed how well it held

console_7.jpg

All finished except for cleaning the extra glue string off and attaching the module.

console_8.jpg

An idea of how it looks backlit

console_9.jpg

console_10.jpg

Final product without VCM, I'm waiting on the alts to wire it up

dash_1.jpg

dash_2.jpg

I just realized I didn't post- the receiver is a Pioneer avh-4200dvd. I'm pretty happy with it, it has nice built in eq for the price, and great ipod controls. I just put in a relay so the family can watch movies on long trips and stuff. Probably in another year or two when my kids are old enough to watch movies too I'll put monitors in back. Most likely I'll have a newer hoe or suburban by then.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3795 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...