rival904 Posted June 20, 2010 Report Posted June 20, 2010 props for making your own bracket, seriously, i wouldnt have the patience to mess with it, i guess thats why i paid someone else to make it lol 2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab 2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts 4(and counting) XS Power 6500's 4 DD3515s Supercharged 53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough 8 DD M1b's 6 Selenium 8's 2 Selenium ST350s 154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp Build Log
tejcurrent Posted June 20, 2010 Author Report Posted June 20, 2010 props for making your own bracket, seriously, i wouldnt have the patience to mess with it, i guess thats why i paid someone else to make it lol Thanks, I've only been happy with one alt bracket I've bought and it was only for 2 alternators. Not knocking any companies out there, DC Power and MLA made a good one. Every bracket I've seen has been missing one or two things that I wanted to see, so I figured I'd make my own how I wanted it. Alts straight across the top, spaced level so there's little belt twisting, one solid plate with an additional back plate to strengthen things, tons of belt wrap, and bolting up to the engine block. By changing pulley location you can run 1, 2, 3, or all 4 alts. tejcurrent XS Power T3
Nslugger44 Posted June 21, 2010 Report Posted June 21, 2010 Thats such a clean setup all the way around (2)12" Rockford Fosgate P3's (1)AudioQue 1200D (1)AudioQue 4x90 6.5" Infinity Kappa Components (2)6" Elemental Design e3.6's 6x9 Infinity Kappa Coax JVC Arsenal H/U
Sampsonite Posted June 21, 2010 Report Posted June 21, 2010 The alt bracket looks Nice, and 2,3, or 4 alts compatibility FTW!! --Sampson 816-591-6592 www.kcrimshop.com
tejcurrent Posted June 21, 2010 Author Report Posted June 21, 2010 Thats such a clean setup all the way around Thank you, much appreciated. The alt bracket looks Nice, and 2,3, or 4 alts compatibility FTW!! Thanks, I still need to figure pulley location for different alternator configurations, but I see where if I change things quite a bit I could fit one more alt on the drivers side. I don't need this much power right now, but maybe in a few months. tejcurrent XS Power T3
ahoz28 Posted June 21, 2010 Report Posted June 21, 2010 Cool bracket, sometimes you just have to make it yourself.
tejcurrent Posted July 7, 2010 Author Report Posted July 7, 2010 I dropped off my templates to get the autocad and laser cutting done. I'll be talking with them more tomorrow about pricing and some other things. Here's the deal, I'm not trying to compete with any company on this website so if there's a problem please email me at [email protected] and I'll correct things immediately. Basically I made this for myself, but I was told that the more I buy the cheaper they can make things. If I can get a few other people to buy these I can get a better deal for myself. The more people buy, the cheaper. I'm not trying to make money or anything, but I'm broke and could use a discount lol. Please let me know if there's any interest. Regardless I'll be getting mine cut in the next week or so, then slapped on the truck with my XS VCM. Then we'll see what things sound like turned up at 15v tejcurrent XS Power T3
tejcurrent Posted July 10, 2010 Author Report Posted July 10, 2010 Template for the quad bracket -cad drawn and laser cut. A few adjustments needed made, but the real thing should be on my truck by monday or tuesday. After test fitting they will probably be powder coated black. Again, these are just templates, the real one will be much thicker steel: Thoughts? tejcurrent XS Power T3
baaudio Posted July 10, 2010 Report Posted July 10, 2010 looks great man! nice work! Team NWSPL baaudio Build Log 2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough 4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k
El1T3Bass Posted July 10, 2010 Report Posted July 10, 2010 fucking amazing man keep this shit up! wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood. here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now? Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.