tejcurrent Rebuild- * new pics page 11

Yes, I bought the amp from Bob and let it sit for almost a year. I've run it for < 2 months so far but it's worked really great. My rise with my last box was a best of 4.6 ohms, but I still clamped 46-4700 some watts or something like that. I had no O-scope but it's good enough reference for me anyway.

My wife wants a dual stroller since we have another kid due in June, so having a port big enough to roll the new stroller in should allow me to use both subs and still carry baby stuff. The stroller is about 8 x 20 when collapsed, so I figure an extra few inches will make it easy to get in and out.

Anyway, build pics coming up in a minute, I'm resizing as we speak.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

My table saw was stolen a week or so ago, so unfortunately I had to let the guys at lowes do a few big cuts :censored:

They have that sweet panel saw, but the guys don't know how to cut on a line. Anyway, I did the important cuts myself at least, just wanted to fit things in the vehicle easy, and save some circular saw work.

Wood Cut

17.jpg

18.jpg

Build Energy in a can, no build is complete without energy drinks.

19.jpg

20.jpg

Port

21.jpg

22.jpg

Bottom and sides attached

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Battery powered tools ftw! This little circular saw is great for small cuts like this one

26.jpg

27.jpg

And putting on the back pieces

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

30_.jpg

The top is in place and ready to cut the holes. I didn't have my router jig so the holes will be cut tomorrow.

31.jpg

32.jpg

I may have the subs in tomorrow, just depends on how the day goes.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

lookin good

Thanks. I normally just use my air nailer, but I brought all my tools (compressor, nailer) and forgot the hose! I wanted to get it built so I just used screws. I think they look ugly, but honestly this is just one of many boxes to come. I don't plan on doing much bracing for that exact reason, though I will use a few threaded rods once I get the sub holes cut.

I've been debating on how I'm going to finish the box- I'm thinking a nice black paint job would be good looking- but I'm not sure yet.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

no dbl baffle?

That is double baffle, I just gave all the edges a light sanding to make things nice and smooth. It sort of blends everything together. I really just threw this box together to get a feel for things and do some tuning. Then I'll make a few adjustments and use Birch or something and buy a new saw.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

10.jpg

The subs are just too yummy to keep away lol.

09.jpg

32.jpg

Man first your lil girl tries to eat the subs and now your box is eating you oh man you've gotta a hungry build going on here dont you lol

but hey its looking good man and that box is HUGE i def wanna see some vids of this beast

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived