tejcurrent Rebuild- * new pics page 11

stop changin ur mind on what ur gona do in the danh thing. i could do a 40 racer in that thing easy

4 I.A. Warden 15s

8 I.A. 20.1s

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race Points Champ/Over all champ

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race S.C. Regional Champ

2010 FL Regional Middle Weight Champ

2010 INAC Middle Weight Bass Boxing Champ

21" its almost as big as my 24" rims. cant imagine the air that cone moves.

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

Not that it makes a whole lot of diffrence but a round port would of been nice to see! I even round the under side of the cutouts. I figure ANYTHIGN inside the box is round is go flow better. Anyways, box is looking sweet! I wish I could hear it but a vid will work :-)

Thanks. I was considering aero ports but I'm not chasing 10ths with this box. There's no Termlab within an hour of where I live, probably more like 1-2 hours away, so this will be 90% ear-o-meter. After the build is finished I'm going to buy a Termlab and see where I can gain. This box is really for testing- I already see several things I would change. I normally 3/4 round things over with the router but I plan on making changes to the port, and many other things. By not rounding things over I can see what I gain when I do.

I.A. FTW but i woulda doubled all the way around , dem bishes gone tear up alota shizz, ask my bro

I thought about doubling up, but I figure good bracing and some 'glass would help a lot. I'll probably only have this box in for a few months 'till I can test where improvements could be made. Once I have that all sorted out I'll rebuild. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not using birch, this thing is the better part of 3 sheets of MDF, and it feels like it trying to lift it!

Thanks again for the positive comments everyone, I'm hoping to maybe have things playing in another 2 or 3 days.

I ordered and new alternators the last week of December, I'm just waiting for those to come in :( Without alts I'm going to just wire things to "4" ohms to be on the safe side, so a max of 5kw. I'll take vids though, it should still be OK.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Painted the port black with primer than this Lacquer stuff. It made it really black.

40_1.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

About 8-10" from the tailgate

43.jpg

I'm trying 3/4" pipe instead of the allthread. It feels much stronger, and is a lot easier to install. I'm debating what I'm going to fill it with.

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

I test fitted 1 sub- it's a nice fit.

48.jpg

49.jpg

so i guess the pipe will resonate huh? did you fill the gas pipe i was gonna use the idea in my box to but the didnt have enough pipe flanges and i got impatient.

the build is looking real nice

loving this build, its so sweet

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

i think your gona find your gona wana double it all the way around, your truely underestimating these subs. i know some people will say birch it lighter but I would have to disagree esp after being doubled. My 4th order for my 15s is doubled all the way around and the front baffle is 3 layers think, ive got no box flex nor room to develop any.

truely believe 2 metal braces your gona end up moving away from. but do work sir do work !

4 I.A. Warden 15s

8 I.A. 20.1s

I'm not sure what's going to happen with the pipe. The metal rod resonates, but after the pipe is filled in I don't see why it'll be much of a problem- it'll be thicker than the metal rod.

I'm debating on using Spectrum, caulk, resin, or something else. Something rubbery seems to me that it might be more advantageous since it's more for sound deadening than structural support.

Thanks again guys, I'm not doing a superb job on this box- but there will be plenty of metering sessions where I change things to see where I gain. PVC added, resin, more bracing, rounding things over, etc etc etc.

PHD5000W, I planned on going to 4 vertical rods bracing the face plate, along with several more horizontal. You feel that the double thickness worked out better than bracing? The face is extremely solid right now, but maybe I'll change my mind after some time with the subs in. Thanks for the input.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

we used a combo, like i was sayin im doubled all around except my front baffel which is 3 layers. being a 4th order we mounted sub baffel and used all thread, not being the strongest stuff i dont think but my box is solid my numbers are solid and my car barely flexes at all, can barely hear it running. I attribute these facts to my box design and it being so sturdy and solid

4 I.A. Warden 15s

8 I.A. 20.1s

Archived