i dont think so, i useto have 55w low/100w high beam halogens that looked like 6000k hids but not as bright and they made my headlight lenses hotter than my 35w 8000k hids do

and i dont kno bout pissing ppl off or not, i dont think low beams will matter much but high beams could

when it was foggy here the other night i seen were my lights shined n they both shine to the right off the side of the road but have a wider beam than halogens do so i can still see good with em

but if u use consideration i dont see any way u could piss off other drivers but some ppl that i talk to at school say, "hey your one of those lil shits that have those bright as shit blue lights that blind everybody", im like naw i dont do that lol

i live back in the sticks were there alot of deer n i cant see that far with my low beams so im gunna get a set of high beams, there the same bulb it just moves it to reflect more light outward some how and acually works pritty good

but ya the higher the wattage the lower the color but the brighter the light

i wanna see what a set of 55w 4300k hi/low beams would look, 4300k is as close to a factory halogen color u can get without it gettin more into the red shade and are bright as hell too, i kno the bluer the color the less lumens u get but i want to kno how much of a diff cause i kinda like the blue light but a more whiter light will light up better than a hella blue/purple color

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i wanna kno why they aint processed my order yet, i done gave em all the info n shit n it said process n it will be 2 days today n it aint never took any more than $4hrs to process one of my orders from anywere ive ordered anything, theres money there but i dunno why they wont take it so i can get these things

i guess there just hella slow

they are really backed up they said, its been 8 days since my order was placed and it still hasnt shipped

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

The 55w 5k's are going to be the brightest you can get with this company, makes it look like daylight in front of your car. Unless your headlight housing is way small like a fog light then you don't have to worry about it getting hot enough to melt the housing.

As for the company being slow, for that price and from what I have seen the quality of the kit I can wait a few extra days.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

u do not need to run a relay harness to run hids, i got a set of 35w 8000k maxcarR hids in my truck n they have no harness, it just plugs into factory headlight pulgs n wala

the only reason u will ever need a relay harness is due to the gauge wire for ur factory headlights

it even says on the site that u do not need a relay kit for most cars, but some do need em

and yes a relay kit will make em light up a lil bit faster n wont put as much strain on the factory wires but on some vehicles it is not needed

so i'll be good with it

heres a link to some info on the brand hids i have, they seem to be pritty good from the reviews i found

but ya u dont need a relay harness for most cars when u run a 35w hid kit, but when u get into the 55w hi/low or low beams it will put more strain on ur factory wires n make em get hot so it helps to have a relay harness, but for my case i only got the 35w kit so i dont need it

Uhh. Are you sure the ones in your truck are hids? You sure they aren't the ones that are fake hids.. aka.. halogens with blue tint on them??

*Maybe* just *maybe* it's different for different bulb types, but with H4 bulbs, you CAN'T plug them into the stock plug, it's just not the same..

Without the harness, how would they know when to turn on? How would you connect the ballasts to the battery?

I don't know where my harness went, lol.. or I'd take some pictures.. I am too lazy to try to find good pictures of the connections so you'll just have to believe me or have to buy the harness later.. or maybe somebody else will step in :P

ddm is a little slow on shipping but for the price and the warranty its worth it to me. I bought some 35w 6000k h3 kit for my foglights and they look really good but now i just gotta somehow figure out how to aim my foglights since they didn't originally have a bracket for my body style and i got the next generation model of the lights for my valance.

heres a pic of them.

108_1096.jpg

6000k Heads and Fogs. And its a comparative to the stocks on the right.

Edited by now534

Uhh. Are you sure the ones in your truck are hids? You sure they aren't the ones that are fake hids.. aka.. halogens with blue tint on them??

*Maybe* just *maybe* it's different for different bulb types, but with H4 bulbs, you CAN'T plug them into the stock plug, it's just not the same..

Without the harness, how would they know when to turn on? How would you connect the ballasts to the battery?

I don't know where my harness went, lol.. or I'd take some pictures.. I am too lazy to try to find good pictures of the connections so you'll just have to believe me or have to buy the harness later.. or maybe somebody else will step in :P

yep they are hids, and for $200 for the set i kno they are hids, they have balasts but dont need the relay kit, they just plug into factory bulb harness with spade connections

right hid balast DSCN1307.jpg

left hid balast DSCN1308.jpg

right hid warming up DSCN1311.jpg

left hid warming up DSCN1312.jpg

8000k hids warmed up DSCN1316.jpg

so yea i kno they are hids and i kno i did not use a relay harness cause my kit did not come with one and it just plugs in and works off factory harness

goes from bulb harness to balast and to h4 bulb

even on the ddm website it says that most cars dont need a relay harness

"Recommended for all 50W HID installations but most American and European cars work at 35W/50W without the harness. The harness is definitely recommended for Quad's and other ATVs or when running multiple HID installations. This harness is a fused relay isolation harness capable of supplying 40A at 12vdc."

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif