• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I've never seen anything like that for a gas vehicle.

The only issues that I can forsee is pending on placement (before or after cat), #1, it will lower back pressure due to bypassing the muffler and #2 flowing that much more air, it will affect your fuel to air ratio (making you run lean). Which then means that you need to supplement your fuel. What plans do you have to add the additional fuel needed?

For diesels less back pressure is good, for gassers, thats where I'd have to talk to an engine tech, as I don't know the metrics as to how much back pressure is to much or to little.

EDIT - You might also check, pending on your emissions laws, something like that might not pass the visual inspection.

thats kinda funny i have a 99 Durango 5.9l (360) i had my muffler removed and it gets better gas mileage. I have gone from 16 miles to gallon to 21 miles to gallon without load, with load went from 10 mpg to 14 mpg ( 18' carhauler with Isuzu Rodeo on it)

the way i see it the more the engine breaths the better it response if i could get away with removing the Cat and putting a cherry bomb on I would (damn those O2 sensors)

• 4 years later...

cutouts are no good unless ur  just looking to make ppl mad i jus run sraight pipes

thats the objective lol i found a cutout that you can manually open and close with a lever inside the car and its only like 40 bucks so i think im gonna go with that

Dude i wuld definately not get those cutouts...i got some for my ride and they were so shitty..they leaked like crazy and the cable didnt stay and i had everything hooked up properly too...do not get them theyre a big waste of money

dude Id definitely check the date on taht post. it was 5 yrs ago.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

cutouts are no good unless ur  just looking to make ppl mad i jus run sraight pipes

thats the objective lol i found a cutout that you can manually open and close with a lever inside the car and its only like 40 bucks so i think im gonna go with that

Dude i wuld definately not get those cutouts...i got some for my ride and they were so shitty..they leaked like crazy and the cable didnt stay and i had everything hooked up properly too...do not get them theyre a big waste of money

You helped out just in time! Luckily you didn't let him think about doing it for years before you answered his question :)

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

Archived