Personally, I've never seen anything like that for a gas vehicle.  The only issues that I can forsee is pending on placement (before or after cat), #1, it will lower back pressure due to bypassing the muffler and #2 flowing that much more air, it will affect your fuel to air ratio (making you run lean).  Which then means that you need to supplement your fuel.  What plans do you have to add the additional fuel needed?For diesels less back pressure is good, for gassers, thats where I'd have to talk to an engine tech, as I don't know the metrics as to how much back pressure is to much or to little.EDIT - You might also check, pending on your emissions laws, something like that might not pass the visual inspection.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Exhaust cutouts on a gas motor will actually make you LOSE power.  No benefit what so ever,  unless you are trying to make it loud.  The only gas vehicle that those may benefit are high horsepower street cars that want to ditch the exhaust at the track.

oh well what the f do all these people with hondas use to make their car so loud i thought it was cutouts.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...=grand+cherokee

this guy has just a normal cutout on his jeep but basically the same thing

if i were going to do it it would be pretty much the same as his and have it before the cat and muffler.

but yeah this is mainly for sound not too much on power its too old and too many miles for me to put any work on the engine. just want it to sound badass.

• 1 month later...

this is wut makes my ricer soo loud....

Posted Image

wow i need to get some mesh shit to put behind my bumper,ne one know where to get that,if u know wut im talking about....

current setup:coming hopefully fryday..2 12:re audio res1 ample a 1100 dx.pioneer head unit

• 4 weeks later...

cutouts are no good unless ur  just looking to make ppl mad i jus run sraight pipes

thats the objective lol i found a cutout that you can manually open and close with a lever inside the car and its only like 40 bucks so i think im gonna go with that

• 2 weeks later...

i wanted them on my truck to switch between exaust pipes.... either muffler or straight open... tho i woulda used two and wired em reversed so either one was open and the other is closed always.... and that way id just split the pipes and then bring them back together to keep the fumes out the back where they are suposed to be!!!!!

thats all id want them for is just the LOUD @SS sound... and be able to tweek the sound alittle... so you could still drive during the day LOUD and at night runnen silent....

but id say spend the extra money and get the auto one... ive heard the manual ones leak realy easily and sometimes bind from the heat....

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

Archived