Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, i was wondering about the ipod clippage after i set my gains on the amp to as much as it can get unclipped. The Ipod connects straight into the aux port in the car, and that has its own seperate volume. Will i have to worry about the amp signal getting clipped because of that ipod volume? And is there any way i can adjust that. Thanks!

If numbers help, the deck will be set at 30/40, all equalizers and faders etc will be at 0, the output voltage will be enough to supply 1200 Watts of current to the subs. How do i factor the ipod volume into that?

i think that if the eq on your ipod is set to "off" then you shouldnt have to worry about anything

x2 i kept mine at off and never had a problem.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

I had one of those old school 60GB ipod videos. I remember setting the max volume at 90% when I was tuning it with the osope. I didn't try tuning it at max volume to see if it clipped though. I just remember reading somewhere on SMD about ipod clipping at max volume.

Also make sure that bassboost on ipod eq is off ><.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

it connects to an aux port, meaning it comes out of the 3.5 mm headphone jack into another?

if that is the case you need to find where your ipod clips and do not turn it up past that point

because if the ipod clips then you are sending a clipped signal which will then be amplified to a bigger clipped signal

so dont just turn it all the way up and leave it. it can go pretty high tho. if you dont have a scope just visually divide the volume bar by ten and set it to 9/10.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

What if it connects through an Ipod jack. Like your comp does and you can scroll the music on the CD player it self. Is this still something to worry about. It doesn't matter what my Ipod volume is at, it is controlled by the CD player. I never thought of this even being a problem.

Edit: Would the EQ settings on the Ipod still come into effect and I should keep them at flat/off still.

Edited by etaks_crew