Sundown Audio

Need Amplifier Suggestions

Get yourself a Sundown saz3500d for those subs. I would then run the 4 dual 1's so you could wire each coil in series to get 4 2 ohm subs, then wire all 4 subs together in parallel to get a final impedence of .5 ohms. That is where that amp will do some serious power, probably right around 1K per sub at max power. That should work nicely and if you want to get crazy you could try a saz4500d but that would be over your budget of $1,000.

Or if you want amps right now I'll sell you a pair of Sundown saz2000d's that are in very nice condition. They are rated at 2000 watts at 1 ohm and can be run down to .5 ohms as well. If you wanted to you could run the dual 2's still to get .5 ohms per amp and do a nice 1200 watts per sub that way. If your interested I'd do the pair of them shipped to you for $1050. Let me know cause I'm supposed to be trading them into Sundown on a pair of saz3500's next Friday.

Edit:

Woops, I didn't see that the sub wasn't offered in dual 1's like I suggested to run for a saz3500d. Instead you could just run the dual 4's to do the same thing. Except you would have to wire all the coils in parallel to 2 ohms per sub. Then wire each set of subs together to get 1 ohm, and then wire each set that are at 1 ohm together to get to .5 ohms. The suggestion for the dual 2's and a pair of saz2000d's is still right though.

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Get yourself a Sundown saz3500d for those subs. I would then run the 4 dual 1's so you could wire each coil in series to get 4 2 ohm subs, then wire all 4 subs together in parallel to get a final impedence of .5 ohms. That is where that amp will do some serious power, probably right around 1K per sub at max power. That should work nicely and if you want to get crazy you could try a saz4500d but that would be over your budget of $1,000.

Or if you want amps right now I'll sell you a pair of Sundown saz2000d's that are in very nice condition. They are rated at 2000 watts at 1 ohm and can be run down to .5 ohms as well. If you wanted to you could run the dual 2's still to get .5 ohms per amp and do a nice 1200 watts per sub that way. If your interested I'd do the pair of them shipped to you for $1050. Let me know cause I'm supposed to be trading them into Sundown on a pair of saz3500's next Friday.

Edit:

Woops, I didn't see that the sub wasn't offered in dual 1's like I suggested to run for a saz3500d. Instead you could just run the dual 4's to do the same thing. Except you would have to wire all the coils in parallel to 2 ohms per sub. Then wire each set of subs together to get 1 ohm, and then wire each set that are at 1 ohm together to get to .5 ohms. The suggestion for the dual 2's and a pair of saz2000d's is still right though.

Is it really a good idea to recommend setups that will void his amplifier warranty?

And don't forget about efficientcy too!

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Is it really a good idea to recommend setups that will void his amplifier warranty?

agree

dont tell people they can do stuff tat will most likely get them in trouble

that being said Stetsom 2k6d is another option or the 2k5d

well within your budget

not saying this is your best choice but it is certainly another one to look at

Edited by IH8PunkRok

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

And don't forget about efficientcy too!

Are you honestly serious?

Not to mention that if he were to purchase used Sundown amps from a private owner there is no waranty with the amp. So.......

The saz line of amps are pretty much bullet proof anyway. I'm not going to say do it or not but let's just throw it out there in either situation. He has the option of 2 ohm or 4 ohm subs.

Option 1, 4 dual 4 ohm subs at 1 ohm (not voiding waranty if purchased new cause Iso's being a baby about it) the best configuration here would be the pair of saz2000d's that I suggested. Each coil would be run in parallel and each set of subs in parallel to give you 1 ohm at each amp, thus providing a solid 1000 watts of power to each sub

Option 2, 4 dual 2 ohm subs at 1 ohm This would give you the option of wiring each sub to 1 ohm. Then could wire each set of subs to 2 ohms and then the two sets parallel down to 1 ohm for the saz3500d. This would be less power and I still say run that bitch at .5 if you have at least 3 group 31 batteries.

Now on to the efficiency remark. Again I will say are you serious? Have you ever even measured efficiency of an amp to begin with, do you even know how to? No because it doesn't matter at all as long as it puts out power.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

agree

dont tell people they can do stuff tat will most likely get them in trouble

that being said Stetsom 2k6d is another option or the 2k5d

well within your budget

not saying this is your best choice but it is certainly another one to look at

Get them into trouble. Have you ever owned a Sundown saz amp? If not then I don't expect you to know how hard they are to break when you have some common sense while using it.

I'm only suggesting something that the owner of the company does all the time. Jacob runs his amps even lower for burps at .25 ohms. Almost every member on Team Sundown runs their saz amps at .5 ohms for daily or burping. There are hundreds of people that do it. The thing that gets them into trouble is not having a stout enough electrical to support the amp. I have honestly never had an issue myself and I ran a pair of saz1500's at .5 ohms each off 1 battery and a stock alt not too long ago. The protection circuit is there for a reason and it works. I honestly don't know how some of the fools out there hurt these amps :huh::rolleyes: :01nocomment8so:

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Get them into trouble. Have you ever owned a Sundown saz amp? If not then I don't expect you to know how hard they are to break when you have some common sense while using it.

I'm only suggesting something that the owner of the company does all the time. Jacob runs his amps even lower for burps at .25 ohms. Almost every member on Team Sundown runs their saz amps at .5 ohms for daily or burping. There are hundreds of people that do it. The thing that gets them into trouble is not having a stout enough electrical to support the amp. I have honestly never had an issue myself and I ran a pair of saz1500's at .5 ohms each off 1 battery and a stock alt not too long ago. The protection circuit is there for a reason and it works. I honestly don't know how some of the fools out there hurt these amps :huh::rolleyes: :01nocomment8so:

dont get offended. im simply saying something to protect our community.

as you said "as long as you have some common sense using them"

it is best to assume people we dont know have no common sense.

we dont really have a background story on this guy so we have no idea what he knows or doesnt know

better to be safe than stupid

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Hey I didn't know that you knew this guy well enough to know his capabilties. I'm not going to make suggestions to someone that is a stranger to me that will comprimise his setup.

Jake has stated very clearly that he does not want to honor a .5 ohm warranty.

What exactly is wrong with staying within the manufactures parameters?

Whats so bad about 4 dual 2 ohm subs on a SAZ-3500?

If he is ported then that is more than enough power.

To be honest I really shouldn't try and respond to the things you say as I know I'm looking out for the best interest of the OP.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Running a saz3500d on 1 ohm would already be overpowering the subs, so I don't really see the point of running it at .5 ohms. You gotta kinda weigh the benefits of the extra power vs. the drawback of potentially cooking the subs. Better to be safe than sorry.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I guess it's a bit hard for me to think that if you have the ability to do something with equiptment then why not do it. As far as it being too much power for the subs yes I guess so but I overpower every single speaker in my car. It all goes with the common sense issue. I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt since he doesn't seem like he's got no sense at all. If he were making a thread that said will this be louder than that then I'd say just go to Walmart and buy your setup. He asked a well educated question and I gave him my HONEST opinion on what I would do if it were me. I would run either a saz3500d at .5 ohms or a pair of saz2000d's at .5 ohms each weather the woofer was a 600 watt sub or not.

For example I am going Friday to get a pair of 3500's for my car and planning on trading in my pair of 2000's for them. Guess what I'm going to use them to power. A SINGLE Nightshade with dual 1 ohm coils. Can you guess how I'm gonna do it? I'm gonna strap the pair at .5 ohms so each amp see's .25 ohms. So that's going to be around 8K watts on a sub that has a rms of around 2K watts. This is what I would do, so like I said my honest opinion is what I gave him as long as he's responsible with it. I do want to note that I will not be playing music with the amps strapped at .5 ohms. However for daily I will be using a pair of Nightshades wired down to .5 ohms on each sub so they should be seeing around 3500 watts on music a piece. No big deal :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by Nightshade

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

I guess it's a bit hard for me to think that if you have the ability to do something with equiptment then why not do it. As far as it being too much power for the subs yes I guess so but I overpower every single speaker in my car. It all goes with the common sense issue. I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt since he doesn't seem like he's got no sense at all. If he were making a thread that said will this be louder than that then I'd say just go to Walmart and buy your setup. He asked a well educated question and I gave him my HONEST opinion on what I would do if it were me. I would run either a saz3500d at .5 ohms or a pair of saz2000d's at .5 ohms each weather the woofer was a 600 watt sub or not.

For example I am going Friday to get a pair of 3500's for my car and planning on trading in my pair of 2000's for them. Guess what I'm going to use them to power. A SINGLE Nightshade with dual 1 ohm coils. Can you guess how I'm gonna do it? I'm gonna strap the pair at .5 ohms so each amp see's .25 ohms. So that's going to be around 8K watts on a sub that has a rms of around 2K watts. This is what I would do, so like I said my honest opinion is what I gave him as long as he's responsible with it. I do want to note that I will not be playing music with the amps strapped at .5 ohms. However for daily I will be using a pair of Nightshades wired down to .5 ohms on each sub so they should be seeing around 3500 watts on music a piece. No big deal :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

^^^ sounds beefy as hell!!! to OP: how about 2 aq 3500's i know prob not the best amp mentioned but still alot of power for your price range:D

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.