bagged s10? pain in the ass?

suicide doors has everything you need, call them and they will set you up with everything you need. To run 22's you will prob need to find a camaro brake booster (it is smaller than yours) and beat in the firewall (maybe knotch it some). You will relocate all kinds of stuff under the hood and raise the inner fenders. You can raise your gas tank with special brackets cause putting it in the bed is ghetofied or you can get a fuel cell that will work with your stock fuel pump. You are going to want spindles plus lowered upper and lower control arms for the front for ease of install and camber correction. If you look around you can find some pics of people stepping the lower control arm instead of buying tubular ones but I don't trust that as much. If you are going to lay frame on 22's I would recommend Slam bags cause you will get more lift with less air pressure so you can clear the wheels to turn without using all your air. Prob try to put some RE6's in the front if you can make them fit without rubbing. For ride quality you may want to stick to firestone bags in the back cause lift will not be an issue if you put the bags on the link bars.

stay as far away from airbagit.com as you can. research it and you will find thousands of horror stories.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

i had an airbagit.com pos kit on my f-150......not a good idea. Within a few weeks i called suicidedoors.com and had the make me everything I needed to make the truck right. On my noma i used all suicide componets. nicest guys in the world and extremley knowledgeable. If you want to go 22" tub the firewall and if it an auto trans all you need is a brake booster from an astrovan. If you are running a manual check into the hot rod style floor mount clutch systems very cleen and well designed. good luck.

suicide doors has everything you need, call them and they will set you up with everything you need. To run 22's you will prob need to find a camaro brake booster (it is smaller than yours) and beat in the firewall (maybe knotch it some). You will relocate all kinds of stuff under the hood and raise the inner fenders. You can raise your gas tank with special brackets cause putting it in the bed is ghetofied or you can get a fuel cell that will work with your stock fuel pump. You are going to want spindles plus lowered upper and lower control arms for the front for ease of install and camber correction. If you look around you can find some pics of people stepping the lower control arm instead of buying tubular ones but I don't trust that as much. If you are going to lay frame on 22's I would recommend Slam bags cause you will get more lift with less air pressure so you can clear the wheels to turn without using all your air. Prob try to put some RE6's in the front if you can make them fit without rubbing. For ride quality you may want to stick to firestone bags in the back cause lift will not be an issue if you put the bags on the link bars.

stay as far away from airbagit.com as you can. research it and you will find thousands of horror stories.

i assume you have to do the same when putting 20s also? I hear people saying they lose their AC with bigger rims....I liin Florida and dont want that to happen...do i need to worry about that?

SDimes are the easiest truck to bag. There are tons of forums and pics step by step to get it done. If u go 22's u will have to tub the fire wall, and loose ur inner fenders. There really isnt an advantage to a five link set up. i Would look into doing a bag on bar set up, less air for more lift. Also yeah airbagit has some ok parts, but as far as hard parts and bolt in kits, i'd stay away from them if u plan to drive the truck haha

you're ac tho, if u tub the fire wall, u'll need to relocate ur heater core, condensor and evaporator. U can keep your ac system, but most people dont bother to do it.

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

SDimes are the easiest truck to bag. There are tons of forums and pics step by step to get it done. If u go 22's u will have to tub the fire wall, and loose ur inner fenders. There really isnt an advantage to a five link set up. i Would look into doing a bag on bar set up, less air for more lift. Also yeah airbagit has some ok parts, but as far as hard parts and bolt in kits, i'd stay away from them if u plan to drive the truck haha

you're ac tho, if u tub the fire wall, u'll need to relocate ur heater core, condensor and evaporator. U can keep your ac system, but most people dont bother to do it.

Would a 5 link ride better than a 4 link or not really? If i go 20s would i have to do as much fabrication as if i were to do 22s? I wanna keep the ac...its gonna be my daily vehicle and it gets hot as hell in florida...

yup your gonna have to tub it and move the break booster and clutch booster over and some wiring but its not as bad as ya think im doing it right now on a buddys truck we got in the shop now its geting bd'd on 20's

1990 honda bagged on 20's for sale $$2500cash

Look in my build thread.

You will need all the same stuff. everything is universal except your mounts. You will want your year model s10 front cups. If you go with a bolt on 4 link like i did, its a good penny more expensive than build your own, but easier, again, get your year model s10 4 link.

• 2 months later...

Look in my build thread.

You will need all the same stuff. everything is universal except your mounts. You will want your year model s10 front cups. If you go with a bolt on 4 link like i did, its a good penny more expensive than build your own, but easier, again, get your year model s10 4 link.

Here is a picture of my friends sten before I started the sfbd on twenty twos.

l_7c3982cf5dd245c8b1996a58a36f70b1.jpg

Here is same sten after the sfbd on twenty twos

101_3020.jpg

Stens are pretty easy buddy. Call Ricky at Sucidedoors. Tell him Josh sent you. He will really help you out. Here are the differences in the front. as the rear are pretty much the same.

If you go 18s:

Do not need to notch firewall

get rid of inner fender still

get drop spindles

front bolt in cups upper and lower

cut out spring pocket

if you have abs then you will have to build a bracket

you get to keep ac by the way

If you go twentys or 22"

Need to notch firewall

get rid of inner fenders

get dropspindles

get carms unless you can pie cut your uppers and dehump your lowers

get dominator or slam specialtie bags as they have one of the largest lifts without having to run excessive air pressure to raise and lower higher the air pressure the crappier the ride

have to get seven inch booster can keep master cylinder

if you have abs it will be a good time to t off the front and rear lines and throw that damn thing away

notch out your tierods

move battery

make a new intake system either order one or make one

get rid of heat and air

relocate ecu and harness in the fender on the driver side

The rear of the two

the easiest thing to do if you are starting out or want to keep your factory tank is to buy a three link with a raised gastank xmember. with a four link you wont be able to keep you tank in the stock location and will be forced to get a fuel cell or do the ghetto thing and use straps in the bed

get a notch either make one out of 2x3 or 2x4 atleast 3/16" thick metal or buy one from sd

always run a bridge bar please as they will keep your frame from flexing

a bolt on kit is great if you wanna pay for them

over the axle setup is the easiest to do

you will have to relocate or throw away the charcoal canis

Archived