Rebuilding Electrical System *(WITH PICS)*

2000 Pontiac Grand Am Gt 3.4L. Alright so i found out my alt did go out has serious burnmarks and the insides are gone, So i have a 220 On the way. I finished the big three today, so im ready to install the alt when it arrives. I needed some help on the Alternator removing process starting with the serpentine belt and auto tensioner. I know once i get that off it's pretty straight forward from there. Any Help would be nice, Tensioner diagrams, Or even how to work the tensioner. Thanks ill have pics up soon of the big 3 in 1/0 kicker hyperflex

Edited by Toady

I've tried google the only thing that comes up is the Serpentine Belt Configuration for running a new belt. I also looked for Auto tensioner on google, and it came up with 3 to 5 different kinds of pulleys

Edited by Toady

Look for an idler roller with an arm going to it. put a wrench on the bolt sticking out of the roller and twist couter clockwise and the whole arm should turn, taking tension off the belt.

Could look like this , on which case you would put the wrench on the arm and not a bolt

200606_Serpentinebelt-7.jpg

Edited by sanitarium

Look for an idler roller with an arm going to it. put a wrench on the bolt sticking out of the roller and twist couter clockwise and the whole arm should turn, taking tension off the belt.

Is it pretty simple to restore tension, by rotating again clockwise

The Auto Tensioner on this vehicle is pretty hard to locate, any ideas?
It's right underneath the alternator.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

It's right underneath the alternator.

I know it's under it, it's just pretty hard to locate because of how clustered it and the pulleys are, GM makes everything so difficul with the whole car, even my stock engine ground was on the bottom of the engine

If you know where it is you have already "located" it. It's really not that hard to do. I've changed those alts in less than 15 mins.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg