Sonic Electronix

WHERE is the damn wiring harness?

thta doesnt mean its the car you are working on. pull the carpet down int he trunk somewhere on the pass side you'll find what you are looking for. have fun extending wires. and trying to get a dash kit to fit.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

$75 should be labor only. When we do an amp bypass we include the speaker wire in the price, but if you need antenna extension, that is extra. Did you see an antenna plug when you pulled the factory radio?

No there wasnt one. For the harness what wires should I use to extend them?

Edited by Velvetdreams21

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

you need 4 pairs of speaker wire, a power, switched wire,power antenna turn on wire and a ground(18 guage is fine). If you tell the shop you are doing it yourself and you just want to buy the wire and connectors, they might charge you some ridiculous price. If you have any doubts, just take it on up to the shop. But if you choose to tackle it yourself, be careful bot to pinch any wires or leave any stray or exposed wires at any of your connections.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

you need 4 pairs of speaker wire, a power, switched wire,power antenna turn on wire and a ground(18 guage is fine). If you tell the shop you are doing it yourself and you just want to buy the wire and connectors, they might charge you some ridiculous price. If you have any doubts, just take it on up to the shop. But if you choose to tackle it yourself, be careful bot to pinch any wires or leave any stray or exposed wires at any of your connections.

When installing any stereo in the past I always made sure to use electrical to wrap around any exposed wires so Im already good on that end. It looks like I might have to do it myself to save money since I was just fired today.

Thanks a lot for all the info man, hopefully I can get some cash soon and tackle to job

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

the amp is on the back seat in the trunk somewhere. That is from the forum on the12volt.com. That harness they sold you shoud plug to the output side of the factory amp and that will send signal to yopur factory speakers. But you will have to run 4 pair of speaker wires (some cars need antenna extension) from the harness in the trunk up to the front at the cd player(as well as 12volt constant, swiched and maybe ground, or find a good ground at the dash). Run and antenna 12volt turn on if you have a power antenna. 70$ isn't a bad price really if you trust the shop and have seen some of their installs. That's about what we charge at work. 35-45 on the cd install, and 25 more to run the wires to the trunk and bypass the amp. Hope that helps you out.

x2

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN

Heres an idea, I hope this will work...How about instead of wiring all the way to the trunk, I cut the wires from the stock radio and use the existing black and blue harnesses, I just wire the HU wires directly to those harnesses?

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

?

Sorry, dont mean to sound impatient, Im just desperately looking for something to do to keep me occupied so I dont realize how tired I really am lol

Edited by Velvetdreams21

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

instead of trying to rig things up, do it properly. its not that hard to run the wires to the trunk. Best Buy charges btwn 50-70 to do a deck install in that car and you get a lifetime warranty.

so IMO either do it right, or pay someone to do it right. doing a ghetto rig job only causes problems down the road

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

instead of trying to rig things up, do it properly. its not that hard to run the wires to the trunk. Best Buy charges btwn 50-70 to do a deck install in that car and you get a lifetime warranty.

so IMO either do it right, or pay someone to do it right. doing a ghetto rig job only causes problems down the road

x2. If you hook into that harness at the radio, and it happens to be connected to anything else, you run a risk of shorting the radios speaker output.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.