2001 Blazer Xtreme "Service Engine Soon" Light

So I bought this blazer for the original owner who I still talk to often, and after about 2 weeks of driving it(When It started to get cold out here) I was driving to my dads work to drop something off and the light came on. I brought it to a local shop and had it checked out, He said he seen nothing wrong and ran the little computer check thing and nothing came up so he cleared the light and said if it came back on to bring it up there again. So A few weeks went by and on another cold night I turned the heat on again bam light came on again. At first I didn't put two and two together but now that I remember both times when I cranked the heat it came on. My dad thinks it may need new vent hoses what else could it be? The truck runs great and doesn't stall or anything, Doesn't get very cold here often(So the heat wasn't used often) but in the summer it does get hot and its a black truck so something could have happened to the hoses? Thanks for any help.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

gas cap? mine kept doing that, turning on and on. bought a new cap and still did it. I took it to autozone and thats wut code it kept showing. finally pissed me off enough i just took the bulb out ;-)

I try'd that also, When I brought it to auto zone a code came up for a purge solenoid value when I got the part it wasn't even on my truck haha. The guy at the shop I go to said the throttle body might need to be cleaned. The chevy dealer wants hella money to check it out, I might have him clear the light again and see if it come back on when I crank the heat. Its not bothering how it runs So I'm not to worried.

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

My Youtube

Feedback

I try'd that also, When I brought it to auto zone a code came up for a purge solenoid value when I got the part it wasn't even on my truck haha. The guy at the shop I go to said the throttle body might need to be cleaned. The chevy dealer wants hella money to check it out, I might have him clear the light again and see if it come back on when I crank the heat. Its not bothering how it runs So I'm not to worried.

couldjust be a dirty intake sensor start to worry when it doesnt hold an idle but if you get the actual codes from auto parts store then you can google the codes and narrow down the problem

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN

couldjust be a dirty intake sensor start to worry when it doesnt hold an idle but if you get the actual codes from auto parts store then you can google the codes and narrow down the problem

They ran the check thing like auto zone has at my local shop and nothing came up...

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

My Youtube

Feedback

They ran the check thing like auto zone has at my local shop and nothing came up...

maybe like in my car my thermostat was stuck with gunk cause the previios owner never changed the coolant and my engine read different temps so it kept throwing my light on wierd? tho that and a loose harnes next to my battery kept throwing the light but same thing no codes my car is a 02 impala

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN

i have an '02 sonoma. i call this my winter ses light. with the heat on, the light comes on. during summer with ac, no light. since my temp guage isn't too hot or too cold, i'm not worried about it

Pioneer AVH P5900DVD

JL Audio XR525 CSi Components (Kickpanels)

Infinity Reference 6020cs Components (Doors)

JL Audio 12W7 Subwoofer

JL Audio e1800D Amplifier

JL Audio e4300D Amplifier

Mine does it too.... except mine throws a code for an O2 sensor, which aren't bad (they are all new) only does it on cold days when it has to idle for 15min to warm up.... I got to the point I don't even care about it anymore lol.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Hmm..my service engine light has been coming on the past week or two, but it goes off, too. It'll come on, then it'll be off the next day when I get in..then it'll come on that night or some other day, but it'll go off again. I've been meaning to take it to get the computer hooked up on it.

Archived