Does anyone know what to do about a red ring of death?

My brother in law has a Xbox 360 and just today the red ring of death got it. A buddy of mine said that he should be able to call Microsoft and get a new one sent once he sends his in. If anyone has any info on this or can tell me what he can or cant do I would appreciate it!

Kenwood Excelon KDX-693 Head Unit

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 6.75's in front doors

Powerbass 6.75's in rear deck

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

2 SA-12 inch Sundown Audio Subs

0 gauge Power Wire and Big 3

Custom Amp Rack

Code Alarm with remote start

Stinger Digital Volt Meter

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kanesdisciple

Call them and if it's still under warranty they will send you a box. Then you box it up and ship it with the label they give you and wait. Just a fair warning sometimes they can take forever to send you a refurbished one back. If it's not under warranty it will be 100 bucks.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

sending it in is the best way to go or he can wrap it in towels and turn it on for a quick fix that might last a little while the main problem with them is the fan setup and the heat sink paste they cheeped out on that stuff to try and getting it out faster to compete with the ps3 the problem with the heat sink paste is that when you play for a long period of time is it heats up and comes loose so the prosscer (sp?) over heats and causes it to shut down the towel trick heats it up to try and get a better contact on it it works sometimes but not always and it don't void the warranty because its not been taking apart i hope this helps understand the problem a little better

1998 neon R.I.P 137.5 db's

Youtube videos http://www.youtube.c...tingarrett64067

2000 Eclipse

Headunit = pioneer avh-p1400dvd

Subwoofers = 2 DC audio lvl 2 12's

Amp= Vibe bass 5 1500rms @ 2ohms

​Single run of 0awg power and ground wire

( Big 3 wire upgrade comeing soon )

like everyone else is telling you, contact microsoft and send that baby in. Not trying to start anything, but I sure am glad my ps3 never red rings =P

In Progress:

1991 Nissan Stanza

2 DC Level 4 12's with level 5 DVCs

SAE-1200D

Sony Xplod HU

TEAM DC Audio

DCaudio.jpg

I want to say that one of the guys found a video on youtube that uses a penny to fix the problem. He was fixing them like crazy in Iraq cause it is sooooo hot over there that over half of they guys I knew that had them got the red ring of death.

If it is under warranty then let them fix it, if not search youtube and you will see the how to video.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Xbox.xom -> Support -> Register a Console -> Repair a Console

Should be a free repair for the RRoD. It's a known issue. Even if it's not under warranty, should be free. If they say it's not free, call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and talk to a customer service rep. I've had the RRoD on 2 consoles i owned and they were both free repairs.

Just do it the legit way and don't do the stupid towel trick. It'll work for a week tops and in that time you could have had it shipped out and halfway back. They give you a free 1-month card for LIVE as well.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I may be a noob in car audio but i knows my xbox, and anyone doing the towel trip is a stupid to do so. Plus it depends on what red ring you have, if its the E74 you have to pay to get it fixed, that were your skalar chip has gone bad.(E74 one flashing red) If not and its the three flashing lights, then its the soder on your master chip has been melted away. the towel trick heats the soder so it melts again and will resoder itself, good in theary but it really just frys the soder so it breaks any chance of a repair. How ever there is a right way to do this were u have to open the box and so on. with all that being said microsofts fix even is only covered for i think three weeks.

My brother in law has a Xbox 360 and just today the red ring of death got it. A buddy of mine said that he should be able to call Microsoft and get a new one sent once he sends his in. If anyone has any info on this or can tell me what he can or cant do I would appreciate it!

i have been through 4 360's

my newest one is about 2 years old send it in then once you get ur new one buy an intercooler they work

keeps mine cool

2 jl audio 12w3's sealed

soon to be 4 level 3 15's

blow through

all dc audio

i just got mine back from sending it in, took roughly a week and a half to get it back

just gotta call and tell them your info if its still under warranty send it in if not see how much it is to fix

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0