Sonic Electronix

Had a guy buy an amp and alarm a few days ago . He said he knew what he was doing and was going to install the amp himself. So it cam in today for the alarm install and i took a look at his amp install and look what i found lol

IMG950321.jpg

yea thats 2/o with some 16 gauge speaker wire jammed behind the gm battery post...lol

holy fail. ask him if he has a fire extinguisher, cause he is going to need it when that speaker wire gets so hot the plastic melts off and shorts out to the engine block

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

if this is at a shop, I would tell the guy I'm not warrantying his amp unless he gets the amp rewired correctly. I see one every once in a while with similar crap. But instead of going thru the firewall, they run it out of the top of the engine compartment, down the door jam into the car. Even worse, some of those aren't fused. Tell them its a fire hazard, and they look all surprised.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

we had an installer try to splice a 4ga wire together and got mad at me cuz i didn't want to splice all the scrap peices together to make one wire.

He had it run under the car then threw the trunk floor with no gromit. have toget the pics of the trunk there was 3 pieces of 18 gauge remote wire from the 2/0 to the amp all wires were bare and just twisted together.

so what happend after this did u make him get it re installed??

cowboys_logo.gif

He had it run under the car then threw the trunk floor with no gromit. have toget the pics of the trunk there was 3 pieces of 18 gauge remote wire from the 2/0 to the amp all wires were bare and just twisted together.

so what happend after this did u make him get it re installed??

cowboys_logo.gif